The highway is alive tonight
But nobody's kiddin' nobody about where it goes
I'm sittin' down here in the campfire light
Searchin' for the ghost of Tom Joad

:huh:

1 hour ago, Penguin4x4 said:

http://i.imgur.com/yOnP3d9.gif

Still going!

Las Vegas is getting an NHL team, apparently.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:19 AM, ///M5 said:

Teaser - shot of my bike

20160602_225839_zpsa3pccibm.jpg

Nice work !

The Miata has been at the painter for a week now. Just my luck, the hood flew open 500 yards from the painter's stop and got smashed. Replacement should be here tomorrow then the work can continue. 

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Windscreen is in transit from the UK, so it's going to be another 2 weeks until it gets here, I will have time to install all the other things. I found the soft-top rain rail was cracked and leaking in water, it's ready and waiting in the garage. 

I still have to order: cowl cover (mine is broken, all the OEM ones break), beltline mouldings, frame rail reinforcements, tires, suspension, oil. 

Reinstall is going to be something like Lego combined with a puzzle, I have a dozen cups of screws and a ton of parts spread out in 2 garages. I might have Vlad (other half of Accuwave) leave his 95 Miata as a reinstall guide for me. 

Final color:

2013-Opel-Insignia-OPC-Asteroid-Grey.jpg

I was swaying between a dark grey from a few brands, the painter's car is an Opel just like that so it was easy to tell him what color I want. Plus it looks ok with chrome accents, so I won't have to repaint my door handles and hardtop mounts. 

I can see light at the end of the tunnel, can't wait to drive it. Winter driving will be limited to when it's nice and dry, no more plowing through snow and slush. 

On 6/4/2016 at 5:42 PM, MKader17 said:

Bike is back from the shop. The cable was frayed at the shifter and the derailleur.

Told ya :P

On 6/6/2016 at 5:33 PM, ///M5 said:

I suck at climbing.  If I go in with a monster set of steam I can hold it, but if I stop I am FUCKED

Same here...

Two of my coworkers have competed in various mountain bike competitions. On plain ground I can easily leave them behind but as soon as we find a hill, I'm sloooow. 

On 6/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, ///M5 said:

Doubtful.  305 35 24 are rather limited....

Either way the 420's are new and sticky so hard to scrap :(

How about Nokian zLine? I'm running them on the Jeep, quiet, sticky and not pricey. 

But now I have to figure out if 16" wheels will clear my brakes, I want General Grabber AT2's (similar to the BFG AT) for winter and off-road use. 

On 6/9/2016 at 8:50 PM, Penguin4x4 said:

What's the point ? 

On 6/11/2016 at 3:58 AM, nem said:

This is the only picture I got today. It was just after the first 22 ton of stone was delivered. After this picture it was balls out moving stone.

IMAG0496.jpg

Call me as lazy as you want, I wouldn't want to move that by shovel :lol:

That's not a metric tonne, is it ? I remember when I used to load 20+ metric tonnes in dump trucks with the backhoe and it was way more than that. 

On 6/12/2016 at 6:43 AM, Penguin4x4 said:

http://i.imgur.com/y8YmwGb.gif

From Romania, with love. 

On 6/13/2016 at 0:29 AM, Penguin4x4 said:

Shooter allegedly called 9-1-1 before opening fire claiming allegiance to ISIS.

ISIS has denied involvement but praised the shooter's actions.

Absolutely chilling event :(

What the fuck is wrong with people? There's one radicalist preacher in the UK who claims gay should be executed publicly. Come on man, it's not like they're going to rape you if you turn your back towards them...

People shouldn't care who shags who as long as it's consensual, legal and nobody tries to convince me their boner material should be come my boner material...

Some stupid broad was interviewed on the national radio station, one minute she's bragging about how tolerant she is, the next minute she goes on to say that gay couples are wrong and are a bad example for children. But she's still tolerant. 

On the other hand, I read a lot of comments of people saying they have guns and if the bad guys come, pew-pew, no more bad guys. Where were all those people? Is that mentality not popular in Florida? 

No trying to stir shit, just thinking out loud.