Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Nonetheless, I'm back, I know you missed v1 smile.png

v2 and v3 merged in.

Well crap.  

Firearm panic buying round 2 starts today it looks like.  

Ryan1 nailed it.  Set of forstner bits, should be a big deal.  

New forum looks good, like the dark skin.  

Thanks, working on the last little bits for member accounts and old files atm.

Had my regular doctor appointment. Told him I am off the diabetes meds and won't get back on unless I fail at loosing weight and get worse over the next 6 months. Going to take a BP med to protect the kidneys. Probably help with protein in teh piss

He is going a full metabolic though and retest my free testosterone levels. I bet it's in the gutter. I feel like it is. Makes everything suck.

Twice a day work outs are tough but I need it.

My apt with the rheumatologist is what I really want. I need something for this pain. Its fucking me up so bad.

I just got a HUGE wake up/reality check. Walked past a guy in booth at this breakfast joint, no legs. Not legs don't work and in a wheelchair. Hopped out his chair and kicking it in the booth with no legs. Definitely something to think about next time I look at stairs and think about how much they hurt my legs and hips.

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

Hopefully glue and screws will make up for any small differences between the indentations.

Get a set of forstener bits. You should be able to find a cheap set st the home store for about $20. They will drill flat and work faster than a wood bore.

Perfect, ordered off amazon.

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

Hopefully glue and screws will make up for any small differences between the indentations.

I'd make a jig/guide.  If you can clamp your drill in a vice and slide the board up to it or the like.  Goal is to keep it perpendicular and centered.  Any drift and things won't mate and will look like crap.

Hmmm. I can definitely clamp the drill in a vice, but can't imagine keeping the board perpendicular (8' long).

Edited by stefanhinote

Well crap.  

Firearm panic buying round 2 starts today it looks like.  

Correct.

I jus blew my nose and it cracked my back about half way down.

So you can skip the chiropractor today? :P 

Got my dad a copy of The ABC's of Reloading, 9th edition. We'll see how far down the rabbit hole he goes...

Tell him to buy a Dillon and be done with it.  

Dillon square deal is great for pistols, rifle reloading usually makes you want to be a little more precise so no matter the press it will take time. Dillon rifle systems get spendy and will take a longer time to make the initial purchase worth the savings. An RCBS system or any other reliable system should do the trick for rifle loads.

Unless you are gonna just load non precision rifle rounds. Then I think the Dillon would be the best bet.

Beat me to it!

Do you load rifle with a Dillon or just the pistols.

You can still load precision rifle rounds on Dillon stuff, Tubbs uses a modified 550 for his rounds, plus single stage sucks.  

Beat me to it!

Do you load rifle with a Dillon or just the pistols.

I don't load hardly squat anymore.  I did just pistol.  If I shot lots of rifle, I'd load on a dillon in a hearbeat.  

I know you can load rifle with them, but the time savings isn't that much if you are still measuring and weighing each brass and powder dump.

The Dillon is 700 bucks or more for the rig, not including other stuff vs a buck fiddy for the RCBS.

My time is worth lots though, least I like to think.  :)

Plus if you are weighing brass you are probably sorting as well.  Single stage loading sucks, all there is to it.  

Heck, loading sucks in general.  

I just buy 9mm ammo now.  

Now if I could just find 9mm for a reasonable price that'd be even better.  

Hi-Point 45 acp, opinions?

My time is worth lots though, least I like to think. :)

Plus if you are weighing brass you are probably sorting as well. Single stage loading sucks, all there is to it.

Heck, loading sucks in general.

I just buy 9mm ammo now.

550 with no extra shit is 260. That is a good deal. The primer loader might be nice..... powder dumper... well, I just say a "precision" ammo mfgr using a Dillon dumper and let it do it's thing. Probably more consistent than in could ever shoot.

Budget is under $200...

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

Get a set of forstener bits. You should be able to find a cheap set st the home store for about $20. They will drill flat and work faster than a wood bore.

Perfect, ordered off amazon.

Depth would likely be 1". I'm trying to make some stall bars: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1190/stallbarsdbarclay12.jpg

I'd make a jig/guide.  If you can clamp your drill in a vice and slide the board up to it or the like.  Goal is to keep it perpendicular and centered.  Any drift and things won't mate and will look like crap.

Hmmm. I can definitely clamp the drill in a vice, but can't imagine keeping the board perpendicular (8' long).

Too big of a hole to plunge route?

Hi-Point 45 acp, opinions?

Stick with the good shit. Sig, Ruger, Glock, S&W, Springfield, CZ, FNH, etc.