Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So I lost all that shit on my hdd, and ended up recovering most of it to a new hdd. So what do I do this morning? Wrote an image file right over the new drive! Oh well.

No clue whay I'm gonna do with that O2 sensor other than spray with PB juice and pray.

So I lost all that shit on my hdd, and ended up recovering most of it to a new hdd. So what do I do this morning? Wrote an image file right over the new drive! Oh well.

Stefan is to hard drives what Matt is to cars.

Stefan is to hard drives what Matt is to cars.

I'm just giving up trying to get any of it back. The first round was all mangled, and dumped into one folder. WTF.

No clue whay I'm gonna do with that O2 sensor other than spray with PB juice and pray.

How are you getting a socket on the o2 sensor? Or do you have a socket with cutout for 02 sensors?

Nothing like a forced extension of my time here. Hopefully it goes quickly.

J

Did I miss something?

My medical paperwork is not done yet. If I wasn't being medically discharged/retired I would be out July of this year. That means I'd be starting my vacation time this month.

Since the paperwork isn't done I have been extended till January. It could be in any week now and once it is I leave.

J

Wonder if you could heat the exhaust pipe, and keep an ice cube on the head of the 02 sensor--if that would expand and contract enough.

Just spit-balling now. :P

Edited by stefanhinote

Neither. I have to wrench it. For now I am stuck with an old crescent wrench. Been to 2 stores and they didn't have the right size. If the PB juice doesn't work inwill go to menards and buy a huge cheep set just to get what I need.

Neither. I have to wrench it. For now I am stuck with an old crescent wrench. Been to 2 stores and they didn't have the right size. If the PB juice doesn't work inwill go to menards and buy a huge cheep set just to get what I need.

Two stores as in an Autozone or Oriellys? I fucking hate Oriellys here in Tucson, but it's nice at times to be able to borrow tools that I'm only going to use once a year or so.

Wonder if you could heat the exhaust pipe, and keep an ice cube on the head of the 02 sensor--if that would expand and contract enough.

Just spit-balling now. :P

That can work actually.

Fuck the PB. Get some CRC Freeze-Off ans a 7/8 box wrench

I have been to 3 stores and none had an open end wrench for the o2 sensor. I could get a closed one, however I didn't see one of those directly either.

Hence why I might just shuffle up to menards in a bit and pick up a cheep set and be done with it.

While I hate buying cheep tools its better to have what I need than wait for something better in this case.

I have been to 3 stores and none had an open end wrench for the o2 sensor. I could get a closed one, however I didn't see one of those directly either.

7/8"?  You need a O2 sensor socket, flare nut wrench, or a crow foot.  

When I was a kid we took cars apart with a few sockets, some pliars, rope, vice grips and a breaker bar.

Now I habe 3 times the tools and still not enough.

Never heard of freeze off.

05002.jpg

Stuff's a lifesaver

The president of GM NA says he wants "a really nice, light, rear-drive car that's inexpensive" in Chevy's lineup. Any bets on the name? I'm going with Corvair :lol:

7/8"? You need a O2 sensor socket, flare nut wrench, or a crow foot.

. A box end wrench will be easiest on his truck. Trust me, I just pulled them off mine two weeks ago.