Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

More power and a sport suspension with a little more leather and it could be something. I've always thought SVT should work on the luxury cars and even fix the luxury.

Lincoln really needs to get their act together here:

2014-Lincoln-Navigator-Interior.jpg

I'd rather buy the Lincoln, but I am not driving around in that.

Handles like shit in comparison though too.

That interior looks to me like something a hot rodder would do to a 1980 Ford F series in 1981.

I've had some fun with it for sure it will downshift and chirp the tires if you get on it . More fun to drive than I was expecting. The interior is god awful though.

And people still spend $70K on them. . . .   Idiots.

And people still spend $70K on them. . . .   Idiots.
WHen the F150 has a nicer interior than your luxury flagship something is WRONG

I assume it is better if I own some software to rip a tune to the engine and then have a shop tune to it? Obviously choosing something the shop is already keen on?*just don't want to spend time searching for shit if it is cheaper/better to just get it from where I dyno

Hp tuners is a great tuning tool if you know what your doing. I know a GREAT shop just north of the cities that does an awesome job tuning. You don't just want a dyno tune since the vehicle will be daily driven you want a street tune.

Edited by ChILL

MN is not Cali...although sometimes it tries. I didn't mean I want it Cali legal, just want to make sure that emissions wise and legality where I live is okay now.

If we copy CARB, I bet they will grandfather IF YOU pass emissions.

You are legit unless you burn hydrolic fluid in your diesel. I even think they have a road side test for that.

Musically I am eclectic but I have a soft spot for classic rock and the likes. Jack johnson, mae. I will listen to anything but what I am after is making things sound natural.

I don't listen to opera or much jazz.

I never boost anything with an eq rather I remove to get things closer to flat. I also prefer a smooth transition into the sub bass frequencies, I hate booming cars that use booming bass and turned up treble.

Also to help, the sub stage will most likely be a 15 or 18 inch ssa icon in a 24-28 hz ported box.

Unless you are SUPER conservative on the gain you will be in dire need of midbsas IMO

I was in the boat he's about to get in. Ended up going from one extreme to the other.

The Turbo is the most reliable as well if driven equally with the other trucks as all other logical upgrades also occur on it. Buying a non-Turbo is a bit of a mistake.

Heard that the GTS was less problematic also. But the turbo is definitely more reliable.

I like that interior.

You are making me want to vape.

I didn't take you for a smoker. Not that you have to be a smoker to enjoy vaping, but it seems like most vapers are former smokers. They do also offer 0 nicotine liquids. If you do smoke, I highly suggest you at least give it a good try... not just for your health, but for your family.

Also on the Vaping topic, I am tempted to look more into them now. Still apprehensive as the BLU sucked, and there is a lot of rumors about people having batteries go BOOM in their face.

J

Fuck Blu, dude. I was feeling like I was bound to cigs with my Blu experience. I am so glad I got with friends and started learning and trying real ecigs and AVPs. I struggled with the Blus, but really tried my best to stay off cigs. I could not be happier that I did. My service manager's wife is a heavy smoker, and she tried Blus with no success. She decided to try the G6 based on my recommendation and she dropped from 1.5 packs a day down to 2 or 3 cigs within 4 days (she just received her G6 last Tuesday).

I am smoke free for 2 weeks and 2 days, and feel better. FWIW I have had some serious trials, consisting of a night of taste testing a buddy's stout and porter home brews, another night of some kick ass chocolate stouts, and of course, quite a bit of whiskey drinking, and I have been having no issues thus far.

I also am glad I went with Halo gear. Their ecig (the G6) is, from what I have tried, the best of the bunch. I smoked lights and found their Turkish Tobacco to be a solid liquid for me. I also tried their Torque and Freedom and they tasted like pipes and cigars to me. I can't recall which was which, though, so I would hate to try to guess and mislead. I was so impressed with the G6 that I decided to try an AVP and had to stick with Halo. The Triton is such a good system that I am now looking at a modest mod system (which, sadly, Halo does not really offer outside of the variable voltage Triton battery which I really dig). I have also tried dripping, which is OK but not really something I think I will do regularly as I prefer the simplicity and flavor of the tank systems right now. So I am really getting into it.

I am surprised though that I like many juices that are not true tobacco flavors. In fact, I have a bunch of the Turkish and I am not sure if it will get used. I just knew that I would not be a "flavor" kind of guy, but I definitely am. I can't get enough of Halo's Voodoo. I wish you lived closer, I would love to be able to let you try various methods if it meant getting you off the cigs.

Just gotta find a good vape place here. The ones k have seen seem shittily made with poor materials.

J

In which case you might love vaping.

I am pretty obsessive compulsive so I probably shouldn't even try.

As of right now, aside from the obvious issues involved in nicotine uptake, there are no apparent side effects.

E-liquids

contain four ingredients: a PG or VG base, nicotine, water and

flavorings. The base, or carrier, holds the nicotine and flavor in

suspension so your e-cigarette can produce those nice clouds of

smoke-like vapor. Both propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are

non-toxic organic compounds and generally considered safe for

consumption. In fact, they are widely used as food additives in a

variety of commercially available products. - See more at:

http://vaperanks.com/propylene-glycol-vs-vegetable-glycerin-e-liquid-whats-the-difference/#sthash.FcY4dJMO.dpuf

Would sound more fun if it were mind altering.

Well, there are ways...

DSCF1644_zps02ff3a12.jpg

That little bit might be mildly mind altering. That was my first attempt. I also have a nice new piece coming that should be here today...

VHIT-C-MAIN-500x500.jpg

VHIT-C-2-500x500.jpg

That is my solution.

but to back up your theory, I tried hash before cigarettes

Ironically the first pic contains BHO.

You are making me want to vape.

I didn't take you for a smoker. Not that you have to be a smoker to enjoy vaping, but it seems like most vapers are former smokers. They do also offer 0 nicotine liquids. If you do smoke, I highly suggest you at least give it a good try... not just for your health, but for your family.

Also on the Vaping topic, I am tempted to look more into them now. Still apprehensive as the BLU sucked, and there is a lot of rumors about people having batteries go BOOM in their face.

J

ockquote> 

Fuck Blu, dude. I was feeling like I was bound to cigs with my Blu experience. I am so glad I got with friends and started learning and trying real ecigs and AVPs. I struggled with the Blus, but really tried my best to stay off cigs. I could not be happier that I did. My service manager's wife is a heavy smoker, and she tried Blus with no success. She decided to try the G6 based on my recommendation and she dropped from 1.5 packs a day down to 2 or 3 cigs within 4 days (she just received her G6 last Tuesday).

I am smoke free for 2 weeks and 2 days, and feel better. FWIW I have had some serious trials, consisting of a night of taste testing a buddy's stout and porter home brews, another night of some kick ass chocolate stouts, and of course, quite a bit of whiskey drinking, and I have been having no issues thus far.

I also am glad I went with Halo gear. Their ecig (the G6) is, from what I have tried, the best of the bunch. I smoked lights and found their Turkish Tobacco to be a solid liquid for me. I also tried their Torque and Freedom and they tasted like pipes and cigars to me. I can't recall which was which, though, so I would hate to try to guess and mislead. I was so impressed with the G6 that I decided to try an AVP and had to stick with Halo. The Triton is such a good system that I am now looking at a modest mod system (which, sadly, Halo does not really offer outside of the variable voltage Triton battery which I really dig). I have also tried dripping, which is OK but not really something I think I will do regularly as I prefer the simplicity and flavor of the tank systems right now. So I am really getting into it.

I am surprised though that I like many juices that are not true tobacco flavors. In fact, I have a bunch of the Turkish and I am not sure if it will get used. I just knew that I would not be a "flavor" kind of guy, but I definitely am. I can't get enough of Halo's Voodoo. I wish you lived closer, I would love to be able to let you try various methods if it meant getting you off the cigs.

Just gotta find a good vape place here. The ones k have seen seem shittily made with poor materials.

J

Well, e-cigs are a Chinese invention and most of them come from China. But there are still well made units coming out of China, I generally prefer the US made models. I am a bit concerned about the fact that the Joyetech is Chinese, but Joyetech did invent the e-cig, and they do make excellent products.

But the reality of the situation is that they are generally so inexpensive that they are disposable.

I assume it is better if I own some software to rip a tune to the engine and then have a shop tune to it? Obviously choosing something the shop is already keen on?*just don't want to spend time searching for shit if it is cheaper/better to just get it from where I dyno

Hp tuners is a great tuning tool if you know what your doing. I know a GREAT shop just north of the cities that does an awesome job tuning. You don't just want a dyno tune since the vehicle will be daily driven you want a street tune.
I should clarify that I will definitely pay someone to tune the car. Just want to be able to monitor it myself as well.

MN is not Cali...although sometimes it tries. I didn't mean I want it Cali legal, just want to make sure that emissions wise and legality where I live is okay now.

If we copy CARB, I bet they will grandfather IF YOU pass emissions.

You are legit unless you burn hydrolic fluid in your diesel. I even think they have a road side test for that.
Or you burn farm gas.

I like that interior.
Seriously?

I like that interior.

Seriously?

Looks way better in black, the navigator is way outdated and you are correct about the suspension, it feels like 1992 air ride technology

The whole thing is 1992 technology. I expect the next gen to be better but to probably forego the V8 which will kick it out of the running.

I actually prefer the Yukon Denali exterior to the Escalade a lot, but the interior blows donkey. Putting the air vents above the screen is something acceptable in 2002, but not 2007 IMO.

2009_gmc_yukon_denali-pic-55199259932038

2013-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-Truck-Base-Al

Too bad in 2015 Caddy used the odd angles around the screen. sad.png

The whole thing is 1992 technology. I expect the next gen to be better but to probably forego the V8 which will kick it out of the running.

The current V8 is a dog anyways, much more impressed with the Denali or escalade. The Lincoln people at the NAIA show told me the navigator is being redesigned for 2015

Actually the air ride software is newer technology. Not much you can do to improve on the actual air components. They need work in the shock and geometry department.