Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And I don't consciously "avoid" it, although I am a fan of trying if it didn't naturally happen.

I can't think of any instance in which a turbo system would be cheaper unless you went with all chinese components.

In which case you might love vaping.

I am pretty obsessive compulsive so I probably shouldn't even try.

And I don't consciously "avoid" it, although I am a fan of trying if it didn't naturally happen.

That was not intended as any form of insult, it was just an assumption based on observations.

You obsessive compulsive. .. never.

Sean. I just want the Element to sound better than anything I have built to date. Especially if it will be used as a demo vehicle.

Why do all the turbo kits say "for off road use only".

Okay, I know why they do, but obviously it isn't that big of a deal considering how many are run. Easy here since they don't even emissions test, but I don't understand how a procharger can be CARB and a turbo not.

I realize the tuning will make it pass or not and that is included usually with a Charger setup but is this the only reason?

kb racing & trick make kits for the Esky and in general I think the lag of a centrifugal or turbo will probably benefit my trans if I do it. Obviously the turbo shaves some wear off the motor since it isn't leaching power and actually looks like a cheaper option in particular if I do something different on the motor requiring a complete custom tune anyways.

With a blower, you do not need to mess with the exhaust.  With a turbo, it's all about the exhaust.  Any deviation from factory will fuck you with CARB whether you pass emissions or not.

Ah, how about non-CARB states?

Most locales with emissions testing tend to follow CARB guidelines. Usually in the form of a visual inspection.

Meaning this would fail in a Cadillac

988495_976719259925_1283594117_n_zps9791

Sean. I just want the Element to sound better than anything I have built to date. Especially if it will be used as a demo vehicle.

You could do that with $15 mids and tweeters. Since you are willing to spend more understanding "what better" would be a good idea smile.png

As of right now, aside from the obvious issues involved in nicotine uptake, there are no apparent side effects.

E-liquids

contain four ingredients: a PG or VG base, nicotine, water and

flavorings. The base, or carrier, holds the nicotine and flavor in

suspension so your e-cigarette can produce those nice clouds of

smoke-like vapor. Both propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are

non-toxic organic compounds and generally considered safe for

consumption. In fact, they are widely used as food additives in a

variety of commercially available products. - See more at:

http://vaperanks.com/propylene-glycol-vs-vegetable-glycerin-e-liquid-whats-the-difference/#sthash.FcY4dJMO.dpuf

Most visual inspections are to check for cats and downstream of sensors. Hollowed out cats and or deleted or sensors with the sensors still in place would most likely pass

That was not intended as any form of insult, it was just an assumption based on observations.

I didn't take it that way, was just curious as I've always thought of myself as a smoker and when one of my friends doesn't it is a surprise.

In this case that may be more of a compliment than an insult, but even it were intentional insult it wouldn't bother me tongue.png

Okay, I know why they do, but obviously it isn't that big of a deal considering how many are run. Easy here since they don't even emissions test, but I don't understand how a procharger can be CARB and a turbo not.

I realize the tuning will make it pass or not and that is included usually with a Charger setup but is this the only reason?

kb racing & trick make kits for the Esky and in general I think the lag of a centrifugal or turbo will probably benefit my trans if I do it. Obviously the turbo shaves some wear off the motor since it isn't leaching power and actually looks like a cheaper option in particular if I do something different on the motor requiring a complete custom tune anyways.

With a blower, you do not need to mess with the exhaust.  With a turbo, it's all about the exhaust.  Any deviation from factory will fuck you with CARB whether you pass emissions or not.

Most locales with emissions testing tend to follow CARB guidelines. Usually in the form of a visual inspection.

Depends on the year of the Caddy.

As of right now, aside from the obvious issues involved in nicotine uptake, there are no apparent side effects.

E-liquids

contain four ingredients: a PG or VG base, nicotine, water and

flavorings. The base, or carrier, holds the nicotine and flavor in

suspension so your e-cigarette can produce those nice clouds of

smoke-like vapor. Both propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are

non-toxic organic compounds and generally considered safe for

consumption. In fact, they are widely used as food additives in a

variety of commercially available products. - See more at:

http://vaperanks.com/propylene-glycol-vs-vegetable-glycerin-e-liquid-whats-the-difference/#sthash.FcY4dJMO.dpuf

Would sound more fun if it were mind altering.

but to back up your theory, I tried hash before cigarettes

Depends on the year of the Caddy.
Ah, of course. 2007-2011. If the roads clear up I may drive 50mi to look at a different Escalade tomorrow. 2010, 85k mi, no dings, super clean one owner. Figure it needs a new motor biggrin.png

You could do that with $15 mids and tweeters. Since you are willing to spend more understanding "what better" would be a good idea smile.png

With my past systems, I could always tell with recordings that it was being rreproduce with speakers. It didn't sound natural. When I sit in my buddies car I can literally close my eyes and transport myself to the studio.

Most visual inspections are to check for cats and downstream of sensors. Hollowed out cats and or deleted or sensors with the sensors still in place would most likely pass

Fucking rules are jacked. If you fucking pass emissions it should be fine.

MN is not Cali...although sometimes it tries. I didn't mean I want it Cali legal, just want to make sure that emissions wise and legality where I live is okay now.If we copy CARB, I bet they will grandfather IF YOU pass emissions.

One perk about Kansas, I only had a police officer check my VIN. Otherwise no body looked at my vehicle during registration.

Fucking rules are jacked. If you fucking pass emissions it should be fine.

Anything involving the government, especially the EPA, is going to be strictly political.

I assume it is better if I own some software to rip a tune to the engine and then have a shop tune to it? Obviously choosing something the shop is already keen on?

*just don't want to spend time searching for shit if it is cheaper/better to just get it from where I dyno

MN is not Cali...although sometimes it tries. I didn't mean I want it Cali legal, just want to make sure that emissions wise and legality where I live is okay now.If we copy CARB, I bet they will grandfather IF YOU pass emissions.

One perk about Kansas, I only had a police officer check my VIN. Otherwise no body looked at my vehicle during registration.
Ha, here I can ride my bike less than a 1mi with a signed title and register whatever.

Sean what was your year and price point for the chili pepper?

With my past systems, I could always tell with recordings that it was being rreproduce with speakers. It didn't sound natural. When I sit in my buddies car I can literally close my eyes and transport myself to the studio.
That is way more setup than drivers. No, you can't polish a turd and make it shine like a first surface mirror, but it is really amazing what you can get out of something if at least the parts were chosen logically and you have the necessary processing to help.

At the same time everything is a compromise. With where your drivers are going you get to choose where your midrange transitions to your tweeter and the lower you go the harder on the tweet and vice versa. Transition too high and you will lose midbass, transition too low and you lose midrange. More midrange up the easier to stage. Hardest thing to do is dig low with a small format tweet as well.

I'm a midbass head. I will trade sparkle for midbass in a car in a 2way everytime. If I sat still in my car when it wasn't moving I may not, but I drive so that is my choice.

Music tastes, eq'ing habits you have and such would help.

Ha, here I can ride my bike less than a 1mi with a signed title and register whatever.

Are there not emissions checks in MN yet?