Sign in to follow this  
slidestarr

DD M3b or Sundown saz-3500d V.2

I recently sold my amp, m3a, looking for a new amp under $1000 and wanting brand new. The amps I am considering are a M3b and SAZ3500D V.2 but not sure why I would pick one over the other. From comparing the older models it seems the saz3500d v.1 produced more watts than the M3A so is the M3b comparable to the SAZ3500v.2? This amp will be powering a BTL N2 and will be wired down for .5 ohm on a 12volt system. Need some advise

Do you compete?

No just looking for a loud daily

Then flip a coin or pick whichever one looks better to you, you will not hear a difference. I wouldn't recommend .5 ohm daily though.

Do you compete?

Then flip a coin or pick whichever one looks better to you, you will not hear a difference. I wouldn't recommend .5 ohm daily though.

Why wouldn't you recommend .5 ohm daily? My old setup M3A with Fi BL was .5 ohm daily and most voltage drop I saw was .4volts

Do you compete?

Why wouldn't you recommend .5 ohm daily? My old setup M3A with Fi BL was .5 ohm daily and most voltage drop I saw was .4volts

Assuming you aren't already locked into a certain coil configuration you would not hear a difference between 1 ohm and .5 ohm. You might gain a bit on a meter but it isn't worth the extra strain on your electrical system in my opinion.

I love DD amps, very few amps are built better.

And I WOULDN'T say Sundown is one of them....

I love DD amps, very few amps are built better.

And I WOULDN'T say Sundown is one of them....

And what amps would you say are built better, just for my own knowledge.