OuTLaWeD

understanding components

Oh, alright i understand it a little better now. My speakers, on certain songs when the volume is up, tend to be fine to a point and then part of the frequency range just drops off significantly, although, at much lower volumes it does not seem to happen. Not sure what would cause that? im also not using compnents.

either installed incorrectly or you're over powering them... or a combination of things. 

Oh, alright i understand it a little better now. My speakers, on certain songs when the volume is up, tend to be fine to a point and then part of the frequency range just drops off significantly, although, at much lower volumes it does not seem to happen. Not sure what would cause that? im also not using compnents.

Exceeding the driver's abilities and or installation.

Im not sure it seems to only happen on a few songs, maybe 5-10, and i have played at least 500 different songs through them.

Im not sure it seems to only happen on a few songs, maybe 5-10, and i have played at least 500 different songs through them.

what you high pass filter set at? 

Hard to tell on my amp but i tried to put it around 80-100.

well whatever might be the problem your speakers are trying to tell  you that something is wrong. you would probably want to look into it or just keep the volume down on those songs. 

I havent been able to figure it out, so i have just kept the volume down on those songs.

Could be several things.  Could be those songs are heavily compressed and have little dynamic range, so as you increase the volume you are clipping the amps (inputs, not just outputs) or running into power compression issues on the drivers. 

Could be several things. Could be those songs are heavily compressed and have little dynamic range, so as you increase the volume you are clipping the amps (inputs, not just outputs) or running into power compression issues on the drivers.
It may be due to the compression and lack of being dynamic. i remember that i looked at a few of the songs in audacity but i do not rememer much of what i saw.

Another excellent topic showing why SSA is the forum for audio, period. ;)

And Chill we still don't know your mounting locations. That HAS to be determined before even thinking about driver choice. I assume since you have the Goat now that it all may have changed, but we are waiting hear to help.