Sign in to follow this  
flakko

Wheres mike?

where u at mike???? you on vacation or something? ;)

we needa talk about stuff!

Hope your on vacation, you deserve one.

Indeed - I had an ol' friend in town from his tenure in med school back east, spent the last week catchin' up on stories. Had some fresh snow hit the local mountains, so we were plannin' on heading up to Mountain High here in southern California to hit some of that powder. Unfortunately we missed the turnoff into the mountains and ended up about 60 miles into the Mojave desert. Turns out it all worked out, we saw a sign for Las Vegas some 180 miles ahead and decided to hell with it - let's go to Vegas! grin2.gif

I should be easin' back into my routine now :domoslay:

Indeed - I had an ol' friend in town from his tenure in med school back east, spent the last week catchin' up on stories.  Had some fresh snow hit the local mountains, so we were plannin' on heading up to Mountain High here in southern California to hit some of that powder.  Unfortunately we missed the turnoff into the mountains and ended up about 60 miles into the Mojave desert.  Turns out it all worked out, we saw a sign for Las Vegas some 180 miles ahead and decided to hell with it - let's go to Vegas! grin2.gif

I should be easin' back into my routine now  :domoslay:

sounds like somebody missed the turn on purpose :slayer:

Indeed - I had an ol' friend in town from his tenure in med school back east, spent the last week catchin' up on stories.

To go into a little greater detail - left the Los Angeles basin heading east on the 210 fwy, hit the north 15 and were supposed to take the exit to the 138 west into Wrightwood (mountain town where the skiing is!). So 'bout the time the 15 starts to wind its way into the mountains, I'm needing to piss like a race horse and it seems there are no facilities on the exits anymore.

Just when I'm about to pull over and piss on the side of the road, I spot what looks to be a major exit to "Silverlake" - complete with a McD's on the corner of the off-ramp. Racing against time, I screech around the turns and into the parking lot, making a quick run for the restrooms.. all the while noticing a good lot of young people around me, all decked out in puffy snow gear. Clearly, they had the idea to hit the same fresh powder as my bro's and I did.

What I hadn't counted on, was the flood of satisfaction that washed over me as I got to tap my built-in pressure release valve. Must have clouded my judgement, 'cause walkin' out of the McD's, I calmly cranked up the stereo, pulled out of the lot, and back onto the 15 north... all the while failing to realize that the exit we had gotten off at was the Silverlake / Hwy 138 exit! Subconsciously willful? Perhaps.. but I really did want to hit that snow crazy2.gif

Ahh well, all's well that ends well :ph34r:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.  I remember saying something like, 'I feel a bit lightheaded, maybe you should drive?'  Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming, 'Holy Jesus!  What are these goddamn animals?'

'Did you say something?'

'Hm? Never mind.  It's your turn to drive.'  No point in mentioning these bats, I thought.  Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

To go into a little greater detail - left the Los Angeles basin heading east on the 210 fwy, hit the north 15 and were supposed to take the exit to the 138 west into Wrightwood (mountain town where the skiing is!).  So 'bout the time the 15 starts to wind its way into the mountains, I'm needing to piss like a race horse and it seems there are no facilities on the exits anymore. 

Just when I'm about to pull over and piss on the side of the road, I spot what looks to be a major exit to "Silverlake" - complete with a McD's on the corner of the off-ramp.  Racing against time, I screech around the turns and into the parking lot, making a quick run for the restrooms.. all the while noticing a good lot of young people around me, all decked out in puffy snow gear.  Clearly, they had the idea to hit the same fresh powder as my bro's and I did. 

What I hadn't counted on, was the flood of satisfaction that washed over me as I got to tap my built-in pressure release valve.  Must have clouded my judgement, 'cause walkin' out of the McD's, I calmly cranked up the stereo, pulled out of the lot, and back onto the 15 north... all the while failing to realize that the exit we had gotten off at was the Silverlake / Hwy 138 exit!  Subconsciously willful?  Perhaps.. but I really did want to hit that snow crazy2.gif

Ahh well, all's well that ends well  :ph34r:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold.

To go into a little greater detail - left the Los Angeles basin heading east on the 210 fwy, hit the north 15 and were supposed to take the exit to the 138 west into Wrightwood (mountain town where the skiing is!).

mike i sent you like 3 emails! lets get these people saving some money ;)