OldSchoolFosgate

Fi Bl 12 usps busted up :(

Hello, I bought a Fi Bl 12 "limited edition" with 4 inch vc. from a guy on ****  I finally got the subwoofer today, and immedietly noticed that the basket was damaged. Two arms are broke off, and another 3 are cracked. Im in the process of filing an insurance claim. The seller stated he put insurance on package, Im waiting to hear back from him now. Im guessing I will get money from insurance and send the sub in for repair. Would a normal recone process cover a new basket also?

I've never heard of a limited edition bl with a 4 in coil?? I don't think a 4in coil would even fit in their 12 spoke baskets.

I think the basket is extra, how did he ship the sub?

Edited by sweendog

You can buy a new basket when you recones.

They weren't called limited edition, just a 4" coil BL series.

They had it for a limited time with a 4" coil.
Good luck OP.

I'm pretty sure the recone doesn't include a basket. That would be extra.

Sucks to hear about that man!!! Hope he did put insurance and you get everything worked out!!

They had it for a limited time with a 4" coil.

Good luck OP.

You can buy a new basket when you recones.

They weren't called limited edition, just a 4" coil BL series.

Cool I don't think I ever knew that.

Seller responded, he said that he has it insured for $250.He is filing a claim today.  Does anyone know how much a recone with a new basket on this sub would cost?  Would the 4 inch coil make it any more expensive?

bad thing is.. they will put you thru the ropes to get the insurance money... better hope he has USPS pack it.. or whom ever shipped it.. thats about the only way they will cover it.

Just a few months ago USPS broke a pair of Sundown Nightshades in transit; I put the necessary insurance on them and the buyer got back more than enough monry to fix them and got to keep the woofers. It took a few weeks but it worked out well.

Seller stated he did have usps package the subwoofer. I called usps and pretty much got nowhere, all they could tell me was that there was indeed insurance on the subwoofer, but could not give me an insurance number. I was told they do not keep track of insurance numbers...sigh      My main question remains the same though...how much extra would a recone cost with a new basket? 

It sucks, some assholes don't care about people's packages and just throw things like a garbage guy. Then the company doesn't really do anything or they make it very difficult to get anything done.

Damn, they banged it good. 

Hope you get it worked out man. Getting it rebuilt shouldn't be an issue. 

yea, thinking about it...this may be a blessing in disguise. Now I can use money from insurance to send to fi, and get a new basket and recone, and also have them change the sub from dual 2 ohm to dual 1 ohm. Than I can actually run my Fosgate bd1500.1 at 2 Ohm 1500watt rms. Right now i was going to run it at 4 Ohm 750watts, because only other choice was 1 Ohm making amp get too hot.

Yea it might be a good thing haha You get to run it how it should!

The same thing happened to my BTL UFO that I sold this week... But UPS ruined mine.

post-34126-0-64003200-1362877073_thumb.j

post-34126-0-14537400-1362877083_thumb.j

post-34126-0-00906600-1362877094_thumb.j

post-34126-0-71085300-1362877102_thumb.j

Edited by SPL??