Sign in to follow this  
mason_herold

subwoofer wiring

ok so im going to have to fi bl 15s and im going to have them on a crescendo bc3500 and was wondering about the wiring. so for one sub i would have - to - and one - going out. then + to + and + out too and then the same for the other sub. and the amp has two +'s and two -'s  and i put the wires from one sub into the + and - beside each other and the same for the other sub is that a 2 ohm load? sorry if its confusing tried explaining it the best i could.

dual 2ohm

you should have gotten dual 1s,

but if you already have he dual 2s then you will need to follow the second wireing option for a final load of 2 ohms

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22#results

what im confused about is wiring them seperately though? cuz the amp has two outputs for two seperate subs. but if i wire them like the diagram am i supposed to bridge them or not? the amp is rated at 1900 watts at two ohm are they both going to see the full 1900?

thats a mono block amp from what i know... it may have two ++ and two -- displayed but its a mono block amp.

oh you know what now that i think about it.. those amps claim to be .5 ohm stable.. so follow option one. sorry for the confusion

Edited by bigjon

i found diffrent specs for the same amp on  their website.. very confusing, but   they do say the amp is stable down to .5 ohms * on good electrical *

so what would wiring them to  .5 ohms put me at for wattage?

ok so lets say that the amp actually does have ++ and  --, then i would just wire the subs in parallel right?

probably best to wire the subs to 2ohm final load at the amp. if you're confused on how subs are hooked up then i doubt you'll safely run things at 0.5ohm. 

Edited by lithium

so what would wiring them to  .5 ohms put me at for wattage?

0 because you'll probably smoke the amp, learn how to set things up properly before pushing the limits of your gear. 

and thats why i think its a bad idea for nendo to advertise thair amps this way.. as being .5 stable

probably best to wire the subs to 2ohm final load at the amp. if you're confused on how subs are hooked up then i doubt you'll safely run things at 0.5ohm. 

this. what electrical do you currently have to run this?

and thats why i think its a bad idea for nendo to advertise thair amps this way.. as being .5 stable

indeed but it isn't a good sign either when someone is concerned about wattage to greater than 50% accuracy for music