Sign in to follow this  
azlnick

New guy from Phoenix!

Hi! My name is Nick and I own a 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS. I frequent Caraudioforum and now I want to be a part of this forum as well. Everything has been done by me! Pretty proud about that!

Here's what I have going on so far

Front Stage

Image Dynamics CXS62v2 6.5" Components

Arc Audio FD2100

Head Unit

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Other Upgrades

Big 3 w/ 0 gauge KnuKonceptz Kolossus OFC

MurderMat Sound Deadening on both front doors

What I plan to do

Alternator

180A ($160) eBay

or 200A ($220) eBay

Battery

I need help here. Just have a plain old Costco battery running right now. Would like to learn how to decide what is right for my goals and applications.

Enclosure

Trunk Space Available: 36"x16"x22"

With those dimensions, I think I can reach 4 cu. ft. maybe even 4.5. I plan to go ported, might build it myself! I don't know if I can fit a 15 or 18, because the height is only 16", or can I? You tell me!

Subwoofers

Goals:

1. To get loud, show some flex, and be able to take the AZ heat without me having to worry about it.

2. Compliment my front stage to play clear and crisp without fatiguing me or my passengers at moderate/lower volumes.

I've considered the following:

1 SSA ZCON 12

1-2 SSA XCON 12s

1-2 SSA ICON 12s

1-2 SSA GCON 12s

Sundown Z4

Fi BL 12

Fi Q 12

Again, the height of the trunk space available is only 16" so I believe I am limited to 12" subs, but if I can manage a 15 or 18 somehow, please tell me how! I appreciate your guys input/suggestions.

Amplifiers

Just a few that I have heard good things about, this is still very much in the air as I am deciding on subwoofers still. Again I'd appreciate your input/suggestions.

Cadence ZRS series

Nakamichi PA-1500

Crescendo BC2000D

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this guys! Happy to be here!

Welcome to SSA man! I'll send you a message later, I've been pretty busy but I haven't forgotten. 

welcome to SSA, how did you find us?

Well, the wonderful people over at Car Audio Forum suggested SSA when I was looking to upgrade my subs at the time. I was a complete noob who had just pieced together a HiFonics amp, some speakers, a box, and had AudioExpress do the install. It gave me trouble from the start. HiFonics held up to its rep and the amp crapped out within a few months, so I got a Soundstream Rubicon 1600. I was running a pair of HFI12D4 subs in a prefab sealed enclosure. I had never heard of SSA, only heard and seen what I see in stores and on Amazon. That amp also crapped out over time as well and so I got fed up with all of my equipment failing on me and not knowing why; I wanted to do it myself, and do it right, and know exactly what is going on. Over time, I've learned more about audio and the more I realize that you guys make some of the most impresssive subwoofers out there. Your customer service is really great by reputation and by my firsthand experience when I was ordering MurderMat. Overall, SSA just does it right and does it well!

Edited by azlnick

Welcome to SSA man! I'll send you a message later, I've been pretty busy but I haven't forgotten. 

Hey Rick! It's all good, I was helping out a classmate buddy this weekend anyway. Helped him tune his RF R2 subwoofoer and his speakers on his Pioneer double din HU. His gain on his amp for the sub was maxed, I could hear distortion and clipping when he turned it up. I showed him my system and he loved the clarity and quality of what he was hearing. With just a bit of time setting his gains, messing with the EQ on the head unit, he was sounding MUCH better. He's probably also giving his amp an easier time as well, going from max gain to only a slight gain.

Edited by azlnick

Welcome! You definitely came to the right forum to learn how to do things the right way.

I wouldn't go with the ebay alts. I've heard they don't do rated. Consider Singer and Tenney (if on budget) also Mechman, ohio gen and DC power.

For battery, you should figure out how much current your going to draw. Some suggestive brands would be XS power and Diehard Platinums from Sears.

If you plan on facing the subs either front or back, your limited to the max size of a 12". Your space also limits you too.

Your looking at some great subs!

I have a Zcon 12" for sale and will have a Crescendo bc2000 for sale shortly. If your interested shoot me a pm.

Welcome

Well, the wonderful people over at Car Audio Forum suggested SSA when I was looking to upgrade my subs at the time. I was a complete noob who had just pieced together a HiFonics amp, some speakers, a box, and had AudioExpress do the install. It gave me trouble from the start. HiFonics held up to its rep and the amp crapped out within a few months, so I got a Soundstream Rubicon 1600. I was running a pair of HFI12D4 subs in a prefab sealed enclosure. I had never heard of SSA, only heard and seen what I see in stores and on Amazon. That amp also crapped out over time as well and so I got fed up with all of my equipment failing on me and not knowing why; I wanted to do it myself, and do it right, and know exactly what is going on. Over time, I've learned more about audio and the more I realize that you guys make some of the most impresssive subwoofers out there. Your customer service is really great by reputation and by my firsthand experience when I was ordering MurderMat. Overall, SSA just does it right and does it well!
great to hear. You showed up a few years late though, I used to live in Litchfield Park AZ for quite a long time, so in a big way SSA was based out of there.

welcome sir!!! 

great to hear. You showed up a few years late though, I used to live in Litchfield Park AZ for quite a long time, so in a big way SSA was based out of there.

Beautiful place, nice golf courses too. Didn't know SSA was in AZ, hopefully I'll be able to get some of your gear going soon and bump it proudly!

Edited by azlnick

Welcome Im from phoenix as well. Check out the build log and if you ever want to hear some SSA subs in person I am your man. Done countless installs with them!!!!

Welcome Im from phoenix as well. Check out the build log and if you ever want to hear some SSA subs in person I am your man. Done countless installs with them!!!!

Told you there were people up there Nick!

:WELCOME: