Sign in to follow this  
fred57

How to wire Crescendo 3500d to 1 ohm

I have two 15inch Xcons wired at 1ohm and have one + wire and one - wire...the amp speaker connections look like this.....  - - ++  where do i put each of my wires for 1 ohm... do i need a jumper on the positive wire? the owners manual says the amp connections are the opposite like this ...+ + - -...and they are like this on the amp - - + +

Edited by fred57

Put your pos wire in the outter pos terminal. Neg wire in outter neg terminal.

k i just did that...that amp doesn't sound any different from my sundown 1500d if anything sounds weaker..

Check all your connections. Make sure your grounds are all good and that all the wires are in the terminals the best they can.

Test your load with the subs DISCONNECTED from the amplifier and double check your wiring if it reads over 1 ohm.

are the subs dual 1 or dual 2?

They're dual 1's. the connetions are all good checked everything like that. Only thing i think is kind of iffy is maybe one my grounds but it's on metal that is goin to the frame an all my batteries have their own grounds. and 270amp alt

Edited by fred57

does it matter that my headunit has 5volt pre outs?? i have the subwoofer level on headunit set to 11db out of 15 and gain on amp little under half way

Edited by fred57

Did you disconnect the subs from the amp and take a ohms reading at the enclosure terminals? You should be seeing 1 ohm reading there, Then pos/neg into the amp afterward. Those subs should be pounding with that 3500.

I got a reading with them still in the terminals an it said 1ohm or 1.2 an .9 an 1.1 shit like that. It is pounding pretty hard now but idk how loud i should play it doesn't sound distorted but it still could be. i kind of have it in between where i think it should be, possibly heard it clip at one point when it was loud i think it skipped a beat so i turned it down a little. It is a more cleaner bass an can tell the difference from the 1500 but i don't know how much of a difference it should be. Just need to do some tweaking i think and like i said it's in a grand marquis bass trapped trunk. It's got a lot of deadener tho but still rattles.

Plus i'm confused wtih my headunit it's a 5volt preout. Should i have my headunit subwoofer level set to max 15db then set the gain? or what?

what year marq?

the prevolt question your asking does not correlate  its kinda preference to the rest of your set up... i keep mine -3 daily

i called crescendo he said with that headunit just leave subwoofer level at 0db an set gain on amp little passed halfway since the headunit really probably puts out around 1volt.. so i'll be messing with that later

Edited by fred57

wowww there we go finally got it set right dammmm them things POUND!

Did you turn up the gain?

yes and i turned my subwoofer level to 0db on my headunit. Before i had my subwoofer level at 15db and amp gain really low and it was all messed up now it sounds perfect.. headunit is a kenwood KDC X996

Edited by fred57

yes and i turned my subwoofer level to 0db on my headunit. Before i had my subwoofer level at 15db and amp gain really low and it was all messed up now it sounds perfect.. headunit is a kenwood KDC X996

Enjoy the thumping!

Assuming the setting is an actual level setting for the subwoofer output on the headunit and not a bass boost, then there is zero difference between a low set gain and a higher level setting on the HU and a higher set gain with a lower level setting on the HU.  Sounds like you might have simply had the gain set too low to start with.

yeah i think so to. But the way he explained it made it easier for me to set it up closer to what it should be. Think i was scared to make it go any louder not realizing the power of everything them things are crazy bout to blow a window out it feels like. My rear view mirror already almost broke off.

Edited by fred57

good deal..

Assuming the setting is an actual level setting for the subwoofer output on the headunit and not a bass boost, then there is zero difference between a low set gain and a higher level setting on the HU and a higher set gain with a lower level setting on the HU.  Sounds like you might have simply had the gain set too low to start with.

yeah i did , i had the gain set at about 1/4 of the way thinking 5 volt pre outs on my HU meant it needed to be at the 5volt area and the lowest was 6v on the gain. But he explained it only really puts out around 1 or 2volts? so said put the subwoofer level at 0 and the gain passed halfway near where that would be after i told him what HU i had and subs. I had my HU on +15 with the gain too low just sounded not right but now it's all good sounds awsome.

Thanks for the box plans jon i know the port is little smaller than it shoulda been for the Xcons but it's all good can't fit much else in that trunk! lol

Edited by fred57