SpeakerBoy

Sony Xplode 10's - modifying enclosure

I have two Sony explode 10's I got last year; I have them in 1.3cuft each sealed; I am in the process of moving, all the big tools are in storage, so I can't build a new box.

I have some scrap wood laying around, and I want to knock out a wall of the box and combine it with another slightly smaller enclosure and port it; I hate scrapping it together, but these are my killing time subs, I just play with them to try ideas; anybody have any tips on making junk subs drop lower? I am not after a ton of output, it's for a computer speaker setup; just want real low extension.

I am looking to get it tuned to 24hz, with -plenty- of port; does anyone have any idea what kind of airspace I'd need to add to drop it that low? I have ~200w rms to feed it feed it, maybe a little more; I also have polyfill, but i'm not really sure how it affects ported boxes.

Also, it's not for looks, so any weird design tips are cool, it's hidden off to the side of the room.

Tired of having just some monstrous midbass lol

id only give them things 2-2.25 each...find a way to fab somethin together and go to ace or some hardware store and pick yourself up some sono tube and start playin

you'll probably lose power handling if you tune too low or make the box too large. can you find ts spec for the subs? 

Just eq down the rest.

or that lol^

Personally, my favorite way to do it, but they were just awful, the eq I have just couldn't separate it enough.

I am not worried about power handling, moving to an apartment soon, so loud isn't really an option anymore. Just decent sounding.

So it actually turned out decent; I ran short on wood, and ended up still tuned higher than i'd like, but it hits noticeably lower, and louder.

I'ma rustle through the garage for some threaded rod, to still the centers of the new panels; they flex a bit; all I had was 1/2"

I guess I might sand and spray it before I move.

So it actually turned out decent; I ran short on wood, and ended up still tuned higher than i'd like, but it hits noticeably lower, and louder.

I'ma rustle through the garage for some threaded rod, to still the centers of the new panels; they flex a bit; all I had was 1/2"

pics!!

pics!!

Gimme a few days tongue.png

It's ugly as hell, even by my standards.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Personally, my favorite way to do it, but they were just awful, the eq I have just couldn't separate it enough.

I am not worried about power handling, moving to an apartment soon, so loud isn't really an option anymore. Just decent sounding.

It is for a computer setup, EQ's are limitless and free. There is nothing you will be able to do with a box to improve the response anymore than just eq'ing down the rest. Sure you'll gain a tad of efficiency but you stated that wasn't necessary.

All I have is my phone for now; no digital EQ, just a five band on my amp.

Computer is in storage.