bigbrother54

Sundown Audio SA-8 V2 D4 vs. Digital Designs DD1008

I'm sorry that you feel that way that I made a terrible mistake because as far as I am concerned It is a great choice. You have your likes and I have mine. They are both great subs so please keep your negative comments to yourself.

lol so please share with us your "likes" of this sub...  please.

secondly buying a sub based on a Xmax figure is like buying a sports car because it has an ash tray

There isn't a DD 8" woofer made with near the linear mechanical capacity of the SA-8 v.2 -- the DD 2508-SC I had Klippel testing has a hot mess of a CMS curve and a very odd BL curve. I am confident the 1008 and 1508 have a better suspension as they use 2" coils, though... but I wouldn't expect LF performance as good as an SA-8 v.2 from either. I haven't had a 1008 or 1508 in here for Klippel yet, though.

Stock woofer vs. stock woofer the 1508 would be better at SPL burps than an SA-8 v.2, though. Many people enjoy the "punchy" sound from a 1508 as well; but if your goal is low-end extension the SA-8 v.2 would be a better choice.

DD_2508_SC.jpg

Edited by sundownz

8" subs could be beneficial when used in multiples. More cone area and more coils to apply the same amount of power versues smaller quantity of larger subs.

You are the guy that buys the two small pepperoni pizzas for three bucks more than the large even though it is 15% less food.

you are the 1 of the guys that scares away the potential new customer

with your attitude problem

Because he is trying to correct wrong information while being helpful?   ughdunno.gif