Sign in to follow this  
AXEHAMMER

My mistake

As most of you know I unloaded my xcons below tuning and did some damage. Only one had visible damage and I corrected that with some devcon epoxy. Now that they are both back in and playing my wife and I both agree that they have lost output. Is this possible? Could I have done enough non visible damage to the soft parts that they would lose noticeable output? I assumed they might be a little sloppy now from stressing the spiders, but to lose output?

Thanks in advance.

Could be several factors, with knowing the extent of the damage though it would be hard telling that actual cause though. Have you checked all wires and settings to ensure everything is as it was?

Yes i have rabbit. everything is the same except for output. not a HUGE loss but noticeable.actually one of the amps i increased the gain a little to match the other. i want to say it was 76 volts i matched them at...

Time to send them back man, and start fresh from the factory. B+ for effort and troubleshooting though........HA!!

Time to send them back man, and start fresh from the factory. B+ for effort and troubleshooting though........HA!!

Booooo    lol

Booooo    lol

The SSA Store sells recone kits for those subs. It's really easy to do and faster than shipping it back to the build house.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/xcon-recone-service-kit.html

Edited by BrutalBasser

Booooo    lol

The SSA Store sells recone kits for those subs. It's really easy to do and faster than shipping it back to the build house.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/xcon-recone-service-kit.html

Ive considered it, but I have zero experience with it and frankly, am not going to learn on my xcons. My fosgates? sure. xcons? noooo

If you were closer I would do it for you. Unless you want to go on a roadtrip.

Don't tempt me and then back out when I ask where the couch is so I can crash while you recone them  smile.png

Thank you for the thought Nem, I believe it to be honest offer to help!

It is only a 9 hour drive afterall........

Edited by AXEHAMMER

You could make it to my place a little faster at 7 hours and I'd help ya with them.  :D

Don't tempt me and then back out when I ask where the couch is so I can crash while you recone them  smile.png

Sure is and I would show you the Haunt. I will always offer this to good members.

You could make it to my place a little faster at 7 hours and I'd help ya with them.  biggrin.png

Sure is and I would show you the Haunt. I will always offer this to good members.

Wow, thanks guys. I truly appreciate the offers!

SSA once again shows why it roooocks! adhd.gif