eXhilarat3d

Which 10" Subwoofer

I have a 1.3 ft^3 vented box tuned to 33 hz and an Audioque 1200w amp.  I placed an order for a GCON-10d2 so I can have plenty of head room and keep the gain down on the amp.  My goal is "SQL", not looking to flex all my body panels.  I chose this particular size box and sub so I can keep most of my trunk space available.  

I keep thinking I should have chosen a more powerful subwoofer that can handle ~1000w RMS (ie. FI SSD or AQ HDC3, etc)

I'd hate to order a new sub just to wait even longer for the build time.  I listen to rap, R&B, techno, dance, dubstep...

All advise and recommendations is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

TC sounds makes a nice subwoofer. not sure what they offer in a 10. but their 12inch tc2000 are sweet.

You will love the gcon

I am disappointed in your response. There are so many uneducated statements that you untouched. 

:D

Edited by bigjon

TC sounds makes a nice subwoofer. not sure what they offer in a 10. but their 12inch tc2000 are sweet.

TC sounds has not made woofers is years... the only TC sounds stuff you will find is  buy out stock on parts express.. normally 18s and maybe a 12  and used.

parts express does have some 10's ....

You will love the gcon

I'm sure I will enjoy the GCON.  I don't plan on upgrading my stereo

since this is already an upgrade from my current 300w amp and 8" sub.  I

just want to make sure I get the most out of my amplifier that is

already on its way to my front door along with my custom enclosure.

I did look at the TC Sounds Epic but there wasn't any specs for recommended enclosures.

I won't be playing my music at full volume or doing any SPL competitions.  I will be using a DMM to set my amp gain levels.  My concern is I am not making the best use of my amplifier.

You will love the gcon

I'm sure I will enjoy the GCON.  I don't plan on upgrading my stereo

since this is already an upgrade from my current 300w amp and 8" sub.  I

just want to make sure I get the most out of my amplifier that is

already on its way to my front door along with my custom enclosure.

I did look at the TC Sounds Epic but there wasn't any specs for recommended enclosures.

I won't be playing my music at full volume or doing any SPL competitions.  I will be using a DMM to set my amp gain levels.  My concern is I am not making the best use of my amplifier.

Best use? Even if you have your amp set at 750w you won't hear a difference to a 1000w so that isn't at all reasonable.

I'd never set an amp with a DMM, in particular the one you have.

Just make sure to use common sense and your ears.

you seem like a smart user im sure you will be fine

I will stay with my original purchase then.  Thanks for all your input.  I will have a very basic setup but i'll post photos and impressions when all is said and done.

you seem like a smart user im sure you will be fine

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been doing car stereo and made plenty mistakes. I prefer to do it right the first time since I don't have a lot of spare time to fiddle with it like I used to 17 years ago.

You will be fine with the gcon.

I certainly hope so. I was really close to ordering an Fi SSD....

Its nice to hear good advice and see sound choices being made....only on SSA

Diddo this forum has been more helpful than any other forum ive been on. Alot of good guys here. They are also not one to judge a build which is nice too.

Diddo this forum has been more helpful than any other forum ive been on. Alot of good guys here. They are also not one to judge a build which is nice too.

I was losing sleep thinking I paired the wrong sub with my amp and box. I'm glad I was told I made a good decision. I'm so anxious to get everything put together! My current setup is not working in my new car as far as loudness goes....

Great sub choice!

That is a frequency and goal dependent question. If you are asking if you can hear a loudness difference it is very different than measuring one.

That is a frequency and goal dependent question. If you are asking if you can hear a loudness difference it is very different than measuring one.

Good point! I hope this setup will be comparable to a setup I've had in the past which was a 12w6v2 and JL 500/1 v1 amp. That thing got down but I did feel I wasn't hitting the upper range (ie 80 hz). It was probably the box tuning. I know I'm running a smaller woofer but I'll be supplying much more power and air space.

More than likely had your filter set too low.