Sign in to follow this  
d_lefeber

sp4 port ?

so I know you guys like a lot of details with having a picture on the problem but im not to a stage with a whole lot yet. But I was wanting to do two square ports on the lower corners of my box that i'm going to be making and the thing I was curious about was how to add up the separate ports on torres. if I wanted two 8x8 squares would that be what I put in and add the total length or would you put it in as one 16x16 since that is the combined port area 

I'm not sure how to do it but 2 8x8 ports is not even close to the size of 1 16x16 port.

2 8x8s is 128in2

1 16x16 is 256in2

I'm not sure how to do it but 2 8x8 ports is not even close to the size of 1 16x16 port.

2 8x8s is 128in2

1 16x16 is 256in2

so di I look for something that gives me close to 128in2 and use that for the dims on torres ?

I'm going to computer lab after class in a min and ill let you know around how much port area you should have.

How much power are you using and what's your tuning going to be?

How much power are you using and what's your tuning going to be?

power is 3kw i want the tuning to be around 26-28

I'd say 90-110 in2 of port area would work just fine. Are you sure you want tuning that low? How come? Also why do you want 2 square ports?

I'd say 90-110 in2 of port area would work just fine. Are you sure you want tuning that low? How come? Also why do you want 2 square ports?

It's going in my normal daily car .. want it low idk lol ... i like the look of the square ports more

I love the lows too and I'm tuned to 32hz. I like a lot of te decaf music because it has a lot of the lows I like (28-35). With my Zcon in a bigger box tuned to 32 hz I hit them like crazy. I also get the upper bass pretty good as well. Tuning below 30 hz would really cut off the upper bass.

If I were you I would tune to 30-32.

I'm sure someone can help you actually get the design of it. I'm not really sure how to do it if you have two square ports.

Which size SP4 would be helpful, the difference between a 15 and an 18 is huge when calculating port size

Which size SP4 would be helpful, the difference between a 15 and an 18 is huge when calculating port size

Could of swore he said it was a 15. My bad. Sean is right, it'll be a difference.

Could of swore he said it was a 15. My bad. Sean is right, it'll be a difference.

It's the 18" ... and honestly i don't like high bass ... i've had some 10's and 12's in the past and i cut them off because i dont like the sound lol

you should have at least 140 inches of port area

^^That's what I was just gonna say lol

^^That's what I was just gonna say lol

won't i need some long a$$ ports to get the tuning down low ?

Yes and that it why it is better to go with one large port instead of two smaller ports

The lower the tuning the longer it needs to be.

The lower the tuning the longer it needs to be.

does anyone know the magnet diameter on the SP4 18's ?

Why do you want to know that? It looks to be about 8" or so.

Longer port for lower tuning yes. But actual length will depend on not only port area but enclosure volume. The bigger the enclosure volume the less physical length that will be required. But make no mistake it will still take up a good amount of volume. I think mine eats up something like 3 cubes or better.

Sign in to follow this