1two3

Help me get hair tricks

what im telling you is from my experience in trunk. i do trunk builds.. so it may vary with a wall or open cabin.

but i can tell you this, when i was tuned at 33~35 hz pretty much everything played pretty well , i could play pretty much all popular radio songs and it demoed well.

but once i tuned to 29 hz everything changed. pretty much have to play custom music, either DJSNT or decafe

These are the kinds of tips im looking for. I'm not willing to sacrifice that much sq for the trick

And about sealing off the wall, I can figure that out later on

Edited by 1two3

A lot of power and cone area. I could do a little hair trick with one 15 zcon on 3k in my trunk. Was a 4th order ported through the rear deck though

his exact thread is about how to get hair tricks. I started this to get an idea of what it would take to get one. And let's all be honest hair tricks are freaking sweet! And yes I really wanna be able to do one.

err, some of us aren't that juvenile. I could give a rats ass about the stupid thing called a "trick".

I asked a serious question.

To answer your question, if I have to choose between a decent all around sounding set up and more hair movement then I will choose better sq. The main purpose of the set up is a daily driver so It wouldn't make much since for it to be a hair trick box. I didn't realize the impact of the lower frequency tuning or the fact that ur supposed to tune lower

A lot of power and cone area. I could do a little hair trick with one 15 zcon on 3k in my trunk. Was a 4th order ported through the rear deck though

Cool thanks for the input...got a video?

Heres my small hair trick, 2 15" Icons on a Crescendo BC2000D, I have a 250Amp SInger alt, 2 XS Power Agm batteries (D2700 and XP3000), box is 7.2 cubic feet after all displacements tuned to 32hz. It is in a crew cab dakota so obviously it would be harder for you in an Crv so tuned a bit lower (30hz) with the Xcons on same power might be enough but 18" Xcons would sure help.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/58950-codesters-2-15-icons-in-dakota-doing-small-hairtrick/

Nice video not bad, how much of a difference is it if u have the window completely open?

2 18s might be a tight fit and not having it in a good box will not get you the hair trick you want. The 15s would be better if you can get them in a bigger box and can tune lowwww like 28 hz.

Your walling it off right? I think that's what you said. Well if you are you have to seal off behind the box.

Yea I wanna do a wall. Why would I want to seal off the back of the box? I thought u do seal it of in the front. If both subs and port are facing forward what difference would it make if its sealed off behind too?

Sorry if that was unclear, I mean seal off the back from the front so yea at the front side build around that and seal it off.

2 18s might be a tight fit and not having it in a good box will not get you the hair trick you want. The 15s would be better if you can get them in a bigger box and can tune lowwww like 28 hz.

Your walling it off right? I think that's what you said. Well if you are you have to seal off behind the box.

Yea I wanna do a wall. Why would I want to seal off the back of the box? I thought u do seal it of in the front. If both subs and port are facing forward what difference would it make if its sealed off behind too?
Sorry if that was unclear, I mean seal off the back from the front so yea at the front side build around that and seal it off.

Ahhh OK now I gotcha, I was gonna say that makes no since but neither does audio some times