good news for me. seems like there will be an re audio and adire audio in romania :woot:

which one of adire's or re's subs competes to the rl-i 10 ?

seems to me like koda 10 would be a contender in the rl-i price range...

i have to talk to the dealer, maybe he can find a way to import an ss *fingers crossed*

Edited by Adrian_D

pray nothing goes wrong with the koda if you get it,

Adire makes great products, but over the last two years or so, I have read too many bad stories about subs sent in for service or repair.

SE homebre' :)

i also thought about the se, but seeing the retail prices in germany, i got really scared. 350$ for a re se 10 :huh2:

the se uses xbl^2 ?

how does the se compare to the rl-i ? knowing that the se has dual 4 ohm vc and that my amp can do 500w @ 8 ohm,. gives me an alternative...

tomorrow the guy will post the prices. too bad he can't import an ss

if the prices are higher for the koda or the se, i'll order the rl-i10. someone told me that customs taxes for imports are something like 20%, but if the package is sent as a gift, taxes are only 2%.

i'll post the prices tomorrow, but i sure hope i can get a koda 10 for under 300$

Edited by Adrian_D

RE = great company

SE = Aproximately equivilant to a JL w6v2. I really cant think of a better comparison.

never used and RL-i so i dont know how it compares to the SE. Also, the RL-i isnt made in 15's or 12's and ive used a 15SE and heard a set up with 12" SE's...so that also insnt a fair comparison. But w/e.

$350 aint terribly bad since it is imported.

I vote for the SS Rl-i if possible, I am sure Mike will try to help out on the customs mess. Also the new Stereo Integrity BM is coming out, in 10" I believe too, might be worth looking into.

RE = great company

SE = Aproximately equivilant to a JL w6v2. I really cant think of a better comparison.

never used and RL-i so i dont know how it compares to the SE. Also, the RL-i isnt made in 15's or 12's and ive used a 15SE and heard a set up with 12" SE's...so that also insnt a fair comparison. But w/e.

$350 aint terribly bad since it is imported.

You can still get an Rli12, you just have to know how to ask.

well, i talked to mike some time ago, and, without any taxes (just transport) the rl-i 10 is something like 250$.

i just have to talk to somebody at the customs office, to sort that stuff. easter holidays are coming, so i'll have some time to work this out.

still waiting for those prices, so that i can make up my mind. leaning towards the rl-i, since i like the looks of the 4-spoke basket.

i promised i'll post the prices (these are approximates). so here they are :

koda 10 : 380$

koda 12 : 420$

koda 15 : 450$

brahma 10 : 500$

brahma 12 : 550$

sx 12 : 500$

se 12 : 350$

xxx 12 (the new model, i guess) : around 1000$

SE and the Koda are close runners :)

ever since Adire went to a dealer network they just look like another JLaudio starting up. I give them 5 years and they are either going to go out of business or they are going to end up exactly like JL. Costing too much for what yo uget ebcause a bunch of kid's parents have their parents check book.

SE and the Koda are close runners :)

ever since Adire went to a dealer network they just look like another JLaudio starting up. I give them 5 years and they are either going to go out of business or they are going to end up exactly like JL. Costing too much for what yo uget ebcause a bunch of kid's parents have their parents check book.

not out of business. he does too many OEM things to go out. JL like? maybe, but i hope not. RE isn't too damn far behind either, especially with the new XXX.

i miss the days of the old school solo's, the stamped steel baskets and 100 ounce motors were heavy...lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm still waiting an answer from the dealer regarding the se 10 price. with all taxes included, i can get an rl-i 10 for 330$.

i could be a very close price.

though choice between'em ?

rli FTW!!!!

not even a question. look at the service so far. that's worth more then anything in my book (assuming you've already talked to mike, otherwise i'll extract the foot from my mouth...lol) which in anycase, RE, IMO, can't hold mike's jockstrap when it comes to customer service/courtesy.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i agree about customer service, because i HAVE talked to mike. customs service is gonna kill me (80$ taxes), but i guess i'll get the rl-i as a b-day gift (an early b-day gift ;) ).

thanks for you answers

not out of business. he does too many OEM things to go out. JL like? maybe, but i hope not. RE isn't too damn far behind either, especially with the new XXX.

i miss the days of the old school solo's, the stamped steel baskets and 100 ounce motors were heavy...lol...

Never knew thoes days. When i came into it DD 9900's where the top dog SPL winners, DD was winning everything SPL, SQ competitions wherent carred about. And the XXX had just gotten rid of the boob dust cap. what was what? 3-4yrs ago?

RE is moving towards dealer networks, which sucks, however their MSRP for what you get is alot better than what Dan did when he moved to a full dealer network was assanine to his loyal lovers before. A shiva 10 going for over $150 when it is no better than an RE 10 and doesnt stand a sneeze of a chance agianst an assasin both of which can be had for less than half the price...on top of the fact that even JL which is hugely inflated, sells the w1v2 for less than that makes it even more inflated. sure its a great driver but cost too much.

The Koda, which isnt a whole lot louder, just a lot cleaner, retails for as much as a w6v2 or an inflated SE.

However the Brahma isnt all that bad of a price. Right around what i remember what it used to be, the tumult, on the otherhand, retails for just a tad less than the w7 or the new XXX and isnt much (if any) better than the w7 and doesnt stand a half fart chance agianst the new XXX.

which is why i need to find new companies. I have ascendant and sound splinter...that is about it. :Doh:

i have to trust you guys here, and take the plunge and buy the rl-i.

i just hope it's worth 350$. for the same money i can get a ground zero uranium. but i guess i can't push it as good as i could push the rl-i. i have only 500w to 'spare'. the gz is rated 800wrms.

CBFryman, the situation $uck$, but we have to deal with it and find alternatives. you found alternatives. people living in the usa have a much wider choice. if i remember correctly, the first big company to import to romania was JL audio. i wanted to buy a w3 as my first sub, but when i saw the 220$ price tag, i backed off. i ended up with a cheapie, and then wth an infinity ref. other companies that have dealers are infininty, JBL, Ground Zero and USamps. the re, adire and usamps 'dealer' is in fact the Ground Zero dealer which imports only on demand. all the ground zero products have some ridiculous prices. only their entry-level amps are decently priced.

Edited by Adrian_D