Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

can someone please explain to me winisd?

i just downloaded winisd so i can model my ssd15 in a new enclosure to see the difference between the current 2.5cuft and the new 4cuft bow im planning on building. where do i find the Pe,Le,Z,dia? i have the other numbers off of the fi website but i believe i need these for it to work correctly... i would greatly appreciate any help.

Sometimes you can't find everything. You can call or email FI for those specific ones or just leave it blank and the program will fill them in with what they think it would be(I think). Dia is diameter of the sub so 15.

Your welcome. Keep checking back to see if anyone can add anything to help you out.

i just downloaded winisd so i can model my ssd15 in a new enclosure to see the difference between the current 2.5cuft and the new 4cuft bow im planning on building. where do i find the Pe,Le,Z,dia? i have the other numbers off of the fi website but i believe i need these for it to work correctly... i would greatly appreciate any help.

You don't need any of those for the program to work correctly.  Leaving them blank won't affect the modeled results in any way.

Pe is basically power handling, just input the rated power handling of the driver or leave it blank, won't affect anything. 

Le is inductance, doesn't affect low frequency response or response in relation to a given enclosure.  And I honestly don't believe WinISD even includes the necessary calculations to use Le like it would need to be used.  Le only affects the high frequency roll-off, which WinISD doesn't model unless you add a lowpass filter.

Z is nominal impedance, i.e. the normal 2ohm/4ohm/etc rating given to speakers.  Again doesn't affect the model at all and WinISD should auto-populate this field after Re is input

Dia is probably an abbreviation for diameter, though I don't have that field on the parameter input screen on the version I have downloaded so I don't know where you are looking to input it or what diameter it's referring to.  But regardless, isn't going to affect anything in the modeled results.

impious i appreciate the info. i have modeled my ssd15 in the winisd with the 2.5cuft box and also the 4cuft box and i am excited to see what it really sounds like with the new box because it shows huge improvements