Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

if i were to get a battery what would i need?

i am currently running a power bass XAX-2160FD 2ch x 100rms at 4 ohms and a percision power BK1300.1D that is 1300rms at 1 ohm. i have just the stock alternator which i believe is 70a. and also the stock battery. if i was going to buy a single battery or possibly 2 batterys what size should i get and what brand?

Do you plan to upgrade? If so I would go with diehard platinum g31. If not then platinum g34. Your going to need 0 ga for running it from front battery and 2 fuses, one on each end of pos run.

Unless weight is a concern, the biggest battery Walmart sells with crush anything 3x it's price.  You can also bring it back anytime you kill it and swap it for a new one...

Unless weight is a concern, the biggest battery Walmart sells with crush anything 3x it's price.  You can also bring it back anytime you kill it and swap it for a new one...

Are you saying it's that good of a batt? Or what it cost compared to its performance is good? Never thought to look at walmarts batteries. I've heard they weren't good. Maybe I heard wrong; I'd like to know more!

well for what he needs. the biggest battery at wall mart will be not only cheap but also plenty big for his current needs

Are you saying it's that good of a batt? Or what it cost compared to its performance is good? Never thought to look at walmarts batteries. I've heard they weren't good. Maybe I heard wrong; I'd like to know more!

I run the g34 platinum from autozone in the rear, and a big ass walmart battery under the hood. Can't beat being able to swap them ~1 mile away from my house if something happens.

I put "Car Audio" batteries along with "Car Audio" power cable.  Mostly marketing hype and paying for soemhting that looks really neat...

Seriously, screw up the Walmart battery and just take it back, to any Walmart, get a fully charged battery in return.  Try that with anything else...

Okk but I went with non car audio battery, the diehard platinum which everyone was saying was great. Do you think the Walmart would be better than the platinums?

Okk but I went with non car audio battery, the diehard platinum which everyone was saying was great. Do you think the Walmart would be better than the platinums?

I doubt it. I think he's trying to say for this guys current needs (no pun intended) just about any battery will do, so having one that u can replace anywhere for just about any reason is the best option