Sign in to follow this  
nigel

just ordered a PPI Sedona 850.1

Going to use it to power an RE audio 15" SE-X subwoofer.

wondering did I make a mistake with this amp? Or are people saying good things about them still?

For now, the sub will be seeing 2 cubic feet sealed, as I am currently in a budget crunch and don't want to shell the cash to build a different enclosure (this is also the reason for the amp choice, was price point).

if you're on a budget its best to buy used. but otherwise its probably fine. most stock alts cant power a larger amp if you're worried about that kind of thing.  

Not a bad amp at all, the sub is questionable though.

Precision Power makes decent amps. People need to quit knocking them so much. You can definitely find a better woofer brother.

the sub does exactly what I need it to do, and I have had it for a couple of years without ever hooking it up, so I'm not about to sell it for something else.

I got it all hooked up today, and have to say I am thoroughly impressed overall with the ability of both together.  Definitely pleased.  

Just had got a little nervous about the amp, when I did a little more looking past the few reviews that I could find to who owns Precision Power nowadays and realized it was Power Akoustik whose gear I have not been impressed with in a long time (used to work at a shop that carried their stuff and installed quite a bit of it).

That is all.  So far the amp seems to have plenty of power on tap, not the horribly overrated specs that I've seen on a lot of power akoustic amps.

Well, as an update, still loving this amp so far. Just have it hooked up at 2 ohms for 600 watts right now, and it really gets the sex 15 moving in a sealed enclosure. Have not had any hiccups.

On a side note, I now need to come up with ideas on how to stop the rear hatch on my x-trail from sounding like I'm shaking a spray can, damn it's bad.

I miss my s-10 that I had the panels deadened on...

Edited by nigel