Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

How to calculate port length in this design?

There are 2 drivers in each side wall that would acoustically, i assume, act as port length.

Untitled.jpg

So, if that's true, does leaving just the opening in the back act as length of the side walls which is ~25" long?

also, i've never had the time to question these types of designs but does anyone have anything negative to say about drivers in the side wall like that?

I've seen pretty much all different kinds of setups throughout the years and this particular one is not new either.

I just don't understand what actually is going on when the front wave of these side wall drivers interacts with the port(2nd question).

Sean iv got a buddy who has a c-pillar wall very similar to that.  16  10's though and the port opening is on more of an angle but it does very well..

i've also seen 4th order BP tunnels where everything is firing at each other but do well.. 

Trying to understand how to calculate so i can build or at LEAST design it right.

Post your maximum deminsions. Those cut outs look close in the pic. Mounting depth on the Ethos is ~9 inches. The motor alone is 5 inches tall.

I have already drawn out the 3d design for that pic. What u see is just the front half of the wall.

The side subs are 4" away from touching the front motor subs.

The side subs motor sticks in front of the front motor subs by 2 of its ~11.5" wide motor.

I get roughly 9cuft net on each side for the 15s. If I leave the port opening as is with no back length, I can easily gain another 10cuft net.

The openings inside the wall that are on the left and right of the port are 38" high x 17" wide.

That should be big enough for the rear volume to be included in the overall net volume

The motor is 220mm or 8.6 inches OD

Unless I comprehended it wrong, the beginning of the ethos thread said bottom of

Top plate 11". So I factored in 11.5" to be safe.

I thought the motor was the same width.

No we were speaking of the MMAG motor in the bottom pic.

ur stealing my future design...

but at least ill have some help when the time comes

ur stealing my future design...

but at least ill have some help when the time comes

Lol..