12compass

canbus jeep

my jeep compass has the amplified boston acoustics stereo and needless to say ill be changing the whole thing but what I really need to know is do I have to have the pac canbus adapter since I don't care about steering wheel controls and wont be using the factory amp

also if I don't use the adapter I would assume id have to run all new speaker wire directly from the amp to the speaker any help with this would be appreciated never worked with a canbus stereo before

From what i see, Metra's Adbox harness kits is what you need.

Steering wheel controls by itself is not necessary.

Read about Metra's AX-Adbox and AX-Adbox1 for more details

dam that things a pretty penny to your knowledge is there any way to do it cheaper than that can I direct wire in the jeep or will I lose my speedo or anything?

While i've never owned vehicles that require such integration into these harnesses, i don't have the time to research alternatives to manufactured wire harnesses.

The MOST i would do is look into Scosche or the other wire harness company and see if they have cheaper harnesses.  Besides that, that would be your only choice(s) 

As long as the radio is not tied into the system and used for certain functions, like door chime, diangostics, etc, you will have no issues removing it and installing fresh aftermarket equipment. 

Depends on the canbus system. Sometimes it can be a LOT more than some door chimes. We had an XLR, there's no kit for it, so it was a lot of work figuring out how to keep it all working. We found that the cruise control was run through the radio. It's possible it's no big deal and you might just lose warning sounds, but it could be more than that. I would just buy the PAC C2R-CHY4 to prevent any problems.