Notorious97200

ZED Dreadnought : available ?

Hi,

Somebody asked me about the ZED Dreadnought amp he saw on the SSA store.

He wants to know if or when this amp is available.

He is looking for this kind of power and the choice is not so big.

Thanks for your info.

I just spoke with ZED Audio this morning, and the only thing in stock at the moment is the Leviathan's.  Everything else will be back in production the middle of August approximately. :)

I actually just bought a zed dreadnought on the ssa store, but on zeds site it says the amp is discontinued. Is it still available?

It's the only amp that I know that really fits what I need so it worries me that I may not actually get one. I would hope that you guys would have updated the site to reflect this though.

I actually just bought a zed dreadnought on the ssa store, but on zeds site it says the amp is discontinued. Is it still available?

It's the only amp that I know that really fits what I need so it worries me that I may not actually get one. I would hope that you guys would have updated the site to reflect this though.

I will check with Zed right now.  We update everything when we are informed, but if we are not informed, we don't always have the most up to date info if we have to chase it down.

Okay, thank you.

I just realized I could use the leviathan and bridge 4 of the channels to 2, and then leave the last two unbridged to run my active setup. If the dreadnought is not available I will just switch to the leviathan. I'm determined to run zed one way or another haha.

I just realized I could use the leviathan and bridge 4 of the channels to 2, and then leave the last two unbridged to run my active setup. If the dreadnought is not available I will just switch to the leviathan. I'm determined to run zed one way or another haha.

Email me directly Aaron@ssaudio . com to confirm the order edit, and I can change it for you as ZED just got back to me saying it is discontinued due to the market(demand) being too small for it.

:(

:(

Yeah it's sad, because that was very nice amplifier :/ hopefully word will spread a little bit more about zed and they can get there sales up a bit so this doesn't happen.

I emailed you Aaron, thanks for correcting this :)

I was going to buy one too.

I was going to buy one too.

Ahh that sucks, will a leviathan work in your build?

I'm using two 200rms tweets which will be on 1 channel each, so they get 150 a piece @4ohms. For the mids ill bridge four of the channels down to 2 and run the mids which are 225rms at 300w a piece @8ohms. The extra power I will have to be a little careful with but it should make up a little bit for the efficiency difference between the two drivers. I think it will work out.

The leviathan might work well for you, depending on what your doing.

Yes it will work in my system, but I need to save a little more money.

sad.png

Yeah it's sad, because that was very nice amplifier :/ hopefully word will spread a little bit more about zed and they can get there sales up a bit so this doesn't happen.

I emailed you Aaron, thanks for correcting this smile.png

Working on emails now, almost to your's.  Thanks. :)