Sign in to follow this  
Tripmasternc

Alpine 9857 and PAC SWI-ALP

Whew... Got my new head unit installed as well as the steering control module, thanks to the help of Electrodynamic.

Looks good but the installation of the steering control module (PAC SWI-ALP) was a little more involved than I anticipated. Still very happy will post pics soon!!

PS- Sounds really good.

:lol:

Yep, I'll take some pics when he comes over tonight for the party. T-money's dad took his volt meter so I had to come to the rescue. I swear, factory wiring harness color codes mean D!CK! T asked me if red was power and I said "yes, unless it's the factory wiring...in which case it might be white, blue, orange, yellow, green, or whatever they were feeling that day."

The red lead in my Taurus is ground, and black is a constant 12V.

The red lead in my Taurus is ground, and black is a constant 12V.

Nice! LOL.

Black- Ground, Blue/Red is Ignition, Green is Constant 12 and white/red is illumination. Not so bad.

Yep, I'll take some pics when he comes over tonight for the party.  T-money's dad took his volt meter so I had to come to the rescue.  I swear, factory wiring harness color codes mean D!CK!  T asked me if red was power and I said "yes, unless it's the factory wiring...in which case it might be white, blue, orange, yellow, green, or whatever they were feeling that day."

:ttiwwop:

:hay: