Sign in to follow this  
///M5

JL Audio 10W0-4 ported enclosure

I have two 10w0-4's laying around and my buddy has a 21 Chris Craft with a crap ass stock stereo. I am going to "give" him my 10w0 to use so I have something to listen to in his boat. He has a RFPunch 301x (75w x 4 at 2ohm or 40x4 at 4). Currently we are going to bridge the back 2 channels for the subs and power the fronts off the other half of the amp. Hopefully he will give me some money to spend on a sub amp shortly thereafter.

JL's rec'd ae for .75cuft sealed or 1.25 ported for a car. Without cabin gain would you use a different size. Also, wondering on what you might tune it to if it were me it would be real low, but output is more of a concern here and when you talk about porting in the 40Hz range it is something I have never done. So I am looking for opinions.

All numbers nominal:

FS 24.2Hz

Qts 0.400

Qes .420

Qms 8.560

Vas 2.45 ft3

Xmax 0.340in

85.7dB

Sd 54.7 in2

Re 3.86ohm

RMS 125w

Also, if anyone has some bargain 6.5" speaks that you would like me to try and sell him let me know too.

Good idea, there is a good spot underneath the dash in a corner. Will act as a "rain shield" that way as well.

If you want it water proof/resistant seal it with some deck sealer

Much cheaper than bed liner.

Again, nice. I have a few mostly gone 5 gallon pails with plenty to seal 'er up.

not much information below 40Hz that you wouldcare about w/o cabbing gain comming from 2 enry level 10's.... get the most projected anecho respocne you can whilke keeping it kinda flat.