IamDeMan

HT sub project

Would be intersting if you could do the floating paper trick with that enclosure.

Next Step: Think 4 MJ 18's wired to 2ohm with a 1000w amp :D

oh and put the wife on a ladder right below hte opening and play some tones. In home hair trick :D

Next Step: Think 4 MJ 18's wired to 2ohm with a 1000w amp :D

oh and put the wife on a ladder right below hte opening and play some tones. In home hair trick :D

Teh amp is 1000watts and those drivers would cost too much and my wife wouldn't get eithin 5 feet of the enclosure LMAO.

well there you go.

4 MJ-18's: $250

New Enclosure: $100

Drywall spacking (5gal bucket): $50

Wife scared chitless: Priceless

:D

From the pics of the house sounds like you have an AMAZING pad bro............Can't wait to see the update!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

J

I love IB setups! That's almost exactly how I had my Tempests, but I only had four of them. Keep the pics coming. Once you go IB, nothing else will compare. Warn your neighbors too, unless they are far enough away. They WILL hear the noise.

I love IB setups!  That's almost exactly how I had my Tempests, but I only had four of them.  Keep the pics coming.  Once you go IB, nothing else will compare.  Warn your neighbors too, unless they are far enough away.  They WILL hear the noise.

Tons of insualtion in the attic and it's a block constructed home. Not much escapes if all doors and windws are home, but vibrations can be felt on structural object close to the home I noticed :)

man, that is sweet!!!

i just showed my wife unit those pics and said i wanted to do something similiar....and she didn't say no!!! sweet!!

actually, i want to build into the floor as our crawl space is huge...but attic would work..lol...

she did mention that you needed a wall unit plasma screen (she sells those type of things) to go with your install.....

but that is the sweetness bro!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

man, that is sweet!!!

i just showed my wife unit those pics and said i wanted to do something similiar....and she didn't say no!!! sweet!!

actually, i want to build into the floor as our crawl space is huge...but attic would work..lol...

she did mention that you needed a wall unit plasma screen (she sells those type of things) to go with your install.....

My 43" Philip plasma(in the picture) does the trick. I can hang it on the wall, just don't care too. I need some place to put audio gear anyway, so I use a TV stand.

If I had a crawl space, I'd use that instead. 4 or more MJ18's look to fit the bill nicely and within a decent budget ;) Take her not saying no as saying yes and run with it :)

man, that is sweet!!!

My 43" Philip plasma(in the picture) does the trick. I can hang it on the wall, just don't care too. I need some place to put audio gear anyway, so I use a TV stand.

If I had a crawl space, I'd use that instead. 4 or more MJ18's look to fit the bill nicely and within a decent budget ;) Take her not saying no as saying yes and run with it :)

lol..that was all she said...he needs a wall mount plasma....

but i'm going to run with it..hehe.....

not IB though...i'm thinking one 15", 10cubes, tuned 15hz.....about 1kwrms....

maybe one 18" solo x..hehe...15cubes....15hz.....

and a richter scale!!

i can get my old x back cheap....(he's got two new ones we are putting in his escalade...)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I can't wait to move as I am going to do something similar as well. I have this Crown just waiting to belch out 995 at 8 ohms or 965 at 2 <--weird specs but eh, it will be flexible enough to rip up some ground rumbling notes in my house.

I can't wait to move as I am going to do something similar as well.  I have this Crown just waiting to belch out 995 at 8 ohms or 965 at 2 <--weird specs but eh, it will be flexible enough to rip up some ground rumbling notes in my house.

I have seen a few amps like that. The flexibility is most important IMO anyway.

And the price was right, I got her free! One of my customers had it in a store house they were going to throw it away, he had me take it out the back door.

And the price was right, I got her free!  One of my customers had it in a store house they were going to throw it away, he had me take it out the back door.

zip, zero, zilch, nada .....FREEEBIEEEE! /monster garage

and a richter scale!!

Since you have a crawl space, put the Solo in a floor build "coffee" table and have the port comming up under couch.

Bass shakers just met their match in infrasonic frequincy reproduction and tactile listening. :wacky:

and a richter scale!!

Since you have a crawl space, put the Solo in a floor build "coffee" table and have the port comming up under couch.

Bass shakers just met their match in infrasonic frequincy reproduction and tactile listening. :wacky:

Off topic, but I wonder how a futon would hold up ot bass shakers.... hmmm.

Off topic, but I wonder how a futon would hold up ot bass shakers.... hmmm.

Do eeeet. Then report back to us :) May be the dorm room answer to HT ;)

wait a sec, did I just read about a free Crown amp?