FadingCarton38

What would be louder in a 2000 explorer..2 15" mojos or 2 SA-12s

I have the MOJOs right now ran by a Hifonics Brutus 2100.d. Now i know thats not enough for them but in general with a custom box and either same amp or a saz-1500, could i get a little louder with the sundown SA-12s since ill actually be putting enough power to them? Also this would be in a 2000 ford explorer, so if anyone has witnessed a similar setup with 2 sa-12s in a explorer it would be great if you give feedback. thanks

I've seen a guy on YouTube who was hitting 159 with 2 mojos and a 4000 watt Memphis amp in a similar vehicle which is pretty darn loud.

You can't beat displacement.

The two 15" will be louder even if you aren't giving them full power.

build a new box for your MOJOs to achieve new goals .... don't waste money on product unless you really want to

I have the MOJOs right now ran by a Hifonics Brutus 2100.d. Now i know thats not enough for them but in general with a custom box and either same amp or a saz-1500, could i get a little louder with the sundown SA-12s since ill actually be putting enough power to them? Also this would be in a 2000 ford explorer, so if anyone has witnessed a similar setup with 2 sa-12s in a explorer it would be great if you give feedback. thanks

Thanks, I went to a car show recently and this guy next to me was maybe a little louder than me but had the sa-12s on an oxygen amp pushing about 2800 watts and he had a battery in the back, but also didn't have as big of a box than me either. Here what I'm wanting to do... I really wanting to trade out the mojos for the sa and build a new box that is a little lighter and smaller also to do the big 3 upgrade and add a battery in the back with out having to upgrade my alt, which is stock 130 amp. I want to have a lighter but still loud as my mojo setup now just with out having to spend so much on an alt and to save a little gas with all the weight in the back of my SUV. Btw I would eventually upgrade to either a sundown saz1200 or oxygen amp.

I have the MOJOs right now ran by a Hifonics Brutus 2100.d. Now i know thats not enough for them but in general with a custom box and either same amp or a saz-1500, could i get a little louder with the sundown SA-12s since ill actually be putting enough power to them? Also this would be in a 2000 ford explorer, so if anyone has witnessed a similar setup with 2 sa-12s in a explorer it would be great if you give feedback. thankIn the

In the right box those mojo's should be louder than two sa-12's.

Sounds to me like you are trying to find reasons to buy the SA's because you are buying into the hype. The guy next to you at a car show is completely irrelevant and means nothing unless he had his system in an identical vehicle with the drivers in an identical alignment to yours and identical power and system settings. Since none of that is true....forget about the guy next to you at the car show. If you now want to save weight and space, why not build a well designed enclosure for a single Mojo and try it before you even consider spending money on new subsand amps?

I also have no idea why you think an saz1200 is an "upgrade" when it's less power than you have now. You're not going to be louder by "upgrading" to less power.......

Build or have somebody build you a good box.eek5wavey.gif  

Your enclosure can make or break your system. I think big gains could be had by simply designing and building a proper enclosure. None of the equipment you want to get is an upgrade to get louder. You want to go from 15's down to 12's and loose cone area and then you want to get a smaller amplifier. If you want to save weight that's another story. You could build a new enclosure using Baltic birch plywood.

I know I will have 12 gauge audio in Nashville build me a box, ive heard there boxes in other peoples cars and they hound. They built a box for an old titans player that had the same vehicle as me and year, he had 2 American bass sub that were 1k rms a piece and his whole hatch snapped off going down the road