EddieC

Zapco Reference 750.... decent amp?

I've been running my 2 Dcons off of 300 watts (total) for a few months now, and I guess my ears are now getting used to the volume. Soooooo......time for more power! I've run across a Zapco Reference 750 that a guy has for $100. Looks to me like a great fit wattage-wise, as it will push 375 per channel or 750 bridged. I just want to know how these amps measure up, as I've never heard of them. Google searches seem to bring up positive reviews, but I'd like to hear from you guys who may have had experience with them. Thanks in advance!

Yes, do it. Should work like a charm :) 

Yes, do it. Should work like a charm smile.png

That's what I'm hoping. Hard to find an amp for $100 that will push 750 @ 4 ohms. Just wondering if I'd be better off waiting and putting that $ into something better when more funds become available. But it's hard to pass this up if it's really as good as others have said in the reviews I was able to find. Pretty big freakin amp though.... probably have to mount it to my sub enclosure as my Scion has VERY LITTLE space left with a 4 cu. box in the back.

Very good amps. Zapco is an old brand, very well regarded for producing high quality amps.

I wouldn't hesitate. 

$100?!  Seriously?  Hurry the fuck up and buy it!

I have always loved older zapco amps. Good find

$100?!  Seriously?  Hurry the fuck up and buy it!

This. That's an awesome price.

Hell, buy it and don't use it. Flip it on the forums. Probably come close to tripling your money.