natedizzle

opinions on sub choices.....

ok so since im pretty much upgrading my whole system i wanted to throw some subs in the mix and see what you guys think.....ok ill try and remember all these,...Rl-p,type-r,asenal or maybe even havoc,RE SE,massive audio (ANY),DD,audioque.....ummm cant really remember anymore right now but i thougt there were a couple more.Now im mainly looking for SPL here cause i think i wanna go into a couple of local comps that are held around here,but at the same time i dont want them to pound and sound like wet sloppy poop doing it.

for a mostly spl mix, either the DD or audioque (same damn subs..lol) would be your best choice.

the massive audio one, is well, you better have huge power or big box. it is very inefficient, but doesn't sound bad.

the aresenal or havoc, i have no opinion on.

the type r..well, you can get on the bandwagon..lol. they seem to throw up decent numbers.

teh re se and rl-p would be your best choice for sql..the best of both worlds. and of those two i would easily take the rl-p. not only for the sq side of it, but for the simple fact mike is the best ever to deal with.

another option, the si magd2. nick is right up there with mike and so is his product!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Save some money, grab a MAG 15 and throw 1200 watts at it and hold on

ok yeah i had this guy write me and say he could get me some SI MAGS....ive heard these on diff forums but dont really know anything about them,anyone have a site that i could go to or some info or something about these???

Umm...you are at the home forums for Stereo Integrity, doubtful you're going to find a better place to learn about them than here :D

make a box with changeable plugs like mine

I would advise to build a box for the subs, not find subs that fit the box.

well i just bought the box like 2 months ago and spent $300 on it but maybe i still might have a new one made i dont know... i still have to buy my x889 so maybe ill just get that and wait till i get tired of my audiobahns(which will be soon) and then look some more.

you can build your own box for less than 100 if you have decent carpentry skills.

interchaneable plugs =

6fc75c2b.jpg

Picture216.jpg

Picture217.jpg

307ceb65.jpg

8f8b0458.jpg

all thread makes great studs, 6 nuts and some lock washers and i can tune to w/e i want and access the inside of the box for w/e reson i may have.

wow i wish i had the skills to do that cause thats a awesome idea,but i have none whatsoever so i think im just gonna wait for a bit i guess.

nate have some confidence, if you have a few of the needed tools, it will take a little bit of practice but it is so worth it to build it on your own,

the feeling of accopmlishing something with your hands and something that you will get great use and enjoyment out of, is very cool,

well atleast for me, I spend everyday building machines meant to kill, in a virtual world, building something for real with your hads that is for something you love is 10x better

i only have a Circular saw, jig saw, 1/3 sheet sander, and a drill (not even courdless). When building an enclosure the hardest thing to do is to slow down and think about what you are doing. I'm 16 and i was able to build boxes from my own ideas like that after the 3rd or 4th, able to perform like that on the 1st. Wasnt the prettiest box in the world, but it worked. I used RE's design and put slots in it to change tuning when i desire.

Get someone to do the plans, tell them it is for SPL and you want changeable tuning by interchangable plug ports, if they know WTF they are doing they can do it. Contact w/e his name is on TeamToxicBass. I can guarontee you he will hook ou up in one way or another. He asks for like a $15 donation and you just tell him what you want in what vehicle and with what speaks in what space and he designs great enclosures for your application.

there are a few members on here (neonrider for one) which design enclousures as well. talk to them. Once you have the plans its jsut cut and connect the wood.

$100 spent is much better than $300, think of what you could use the $200 on...your qualm about not getting an Orion or comparable just went out the window. And I would be that your $100 box would be better than the one that you paid $300 for. IMO 38Hz, as you say will pound and sound like wet sloppy poop CBFry's plugs will solve that problem though.

yeah but i dont have any of that equipment to start out though so thats even more money right there right???....the box was made for what the subs called for at the time and yes that sounds alittle high but i checked the specs again and thats what it said to tune it to so i might just be stuck with the box for now.

I've purchased pre-built sub enclosures from people online for $100-$120...

$300 is far too much unless it involves a lot of wood or glass work.

well like i said it was a 3 piece box so that it could be the right amount of airspace and still fit into my tiny ass trunk opening... thats why it was so much.

lol, ya, I do basic fibreglass work for around $300. :lol:

Next time, do a shout-out here, if there is someone local, we are usually glad to do a build for a member for a small fee :D

ok so maybe i got alittle screwed on the deal but o well ill remeber this next time...lol...anyways i guess i should have just done this thread after i got more rms on my audiobahns and then see how they sound cause so far they arent that bad like alot of people say......all i really wanna do is wall it off...lol.I never have anyone in my backseat anyway.

of your choices listed I'd say a type R. Of course many not listed that are better for SPL.

whats your price range? Most of the subs you listed are SQ and LSQ subs. an SE has no SPL what so ever imho. I killed 2 12" SE with 2 12" memphis PRs running 1/2 the power. Type R is the most SPL out of your list and I eat em alive with my Sonic FX.

Edited by Ruckus

Type R is the most SPL out of your list and I eat em alive with my Sonic FX.

maybe in meca....but a dd for sure can hold it's own against any sub. it's many records prove that. how many, other then in meca, does type r's own?

wow, this can get touchy...lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Type R's are good quality subs... but too many people put them onto a pedestal that they do not belong on.

Former Type R owner here...