bamaboy

Out of the loop. Budget system recommendation?

So I sold my system and vehicle about 2.5 years ago for a Infiniti G37S Sedan with the factory Bose system. It's been holding well, but I got the urge for some bass recently. I know what i want to do, just not sure on equipment.

Amp will be integrated with stock system using Bose amp inputs in the trunk. The factory IB 10" will be removed from the rear deck. I will build a box for the trunk, ~1.25-1.5cubes @33Hz. Electrical will stay factory, 4Ga wire. 

I am not trying to spend too much here, maybe $225-$275 for a decent 10" and amp. I have looked at some cheaper stuff such as RE SE-X for like $119 and a cheap planet audio amp that should be good for ~600rms for $100. Some other ones: Soundqubed SDC2.5, TC Sounds EPIC, Sundown SA, FI X, but some are a little more than I want to spend.

RE Audio SEX10D2 (SEX10-D2) 10" Dual 2 ohm SE-X Car Subwoofer
Amazon.com: Planet Audio AC3000.1D 3000 Watts Max Power Class D Monoblock Power Amplifier: Car Electronics

I'm going to call the shop I worked at before and see what I can get from there for a good price, but just trying to see my options.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a guy out of the loop. Budget system, ~600rms and ~250$?

I know Obsidian just released pre-order for there 10's $100+shipping

I would probably find a Dcon used and pick up a nice 4-500 watt 2 channel, then build a nice ported box to spec. 

I am not trying to be an ass of any sort but I've had planet audio amps in the past. and they heat up real bad and do no where near to rated.

try getting something used if your on a budget or save up a couple bucks.

Used for sure. Budget and goals will only be met that way. Search local CL and ask when you have questions.