Weird, after looking on PPI's website it seems they made a capable double din that looks to have just about everything http://precisionpower.com/store/products/source-units/p-771nx.html#!prettyPhoto . However, I looked and seen the same unit on sonic http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38358_Precision-Power-P-771NX.html and it's missing the copper chassis so idk. 

I don't see any mention of bandpass and I can't find the manual on the site. Looks like junk to me anyway.

It is only a rumor as nobody has been brave enough to get one. Under features it mentions "sound staging" which usually includes TA off the bat and if you're lucky other things.

I just hate that there hasn't been an equivalent pioneer double din like the 80prs. I could see a market for it since a lot of people don't like having to pull out laptops and such and would rather have full control at your fingertips.

The closest is the Clarion NX702. Yes it has bandpass.

Still not a pioneer as much as we'd all like it to be, and i've already agreed and mentioned getting this unit myself.

Weird, after looking on PPI's website it seems they made a capable double din that looks to have just about everything http://precisionpower.com/store/products/source-units/p-771nx.html#!prettyPhoto . However, I looked and seen the same unit on sonic http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38358_Precision-Power-P-771NX.html and it's missing the copper chassis so idk. 

I don't see any mention of bandpass and I can't find the manual on the site. Looks like junk to me anyway.

It is only a rumor as nobody has been brave enough to get one. Under features it mentions "sound staging" which usually includes TA off the bat and if you're lucky other things.

I just hate that there hasn't been an equivalent pioneer double din like the 80prs. I could see a market for it since a lot of people don't like having to pull out laptops and such and would rather have full control at your fingertips.

Still not a pioneer as much as we'd all like it to be, and i've already agreed and mentioned getting this unit myself.

Sorry guess I missed that. As you can see in my sig I have the pioneer and I bought my son the CZ702 so I can honestly give my real opinion of both. A mix of both would be ideal. The Pioneer independent left and right eq is better but I really prefer a parametric. using the crossover points properly eliminates or has the potential to eliminate the need for using an eq in most cases. It's usually in the passband between drivers. A gap in the crossover points and proper slope works wonders. I don't care for being limited to the pre-selected crossover points on the pioneer. I hardly use any at all but when I do it would be nice to put the center point exactly where my issue is.

The range of the Clarion allows for better use of a widebander if that's your taste but the very limited slopes on the clarion crossover is weak. people have different opinions on this but it will make it more difficult to achieve proper phase.  

I have listened to both quite a bit and I can say there is a noticeable difference in the overall sound leaning towards the Pioneer but with the pricepoint of both they are both insanely cheap for what they do.

>> 

Sorry guess I missed that. As you can see in my sig I have the pioneer and I bought my son the CZ702 so I can honestly give my real opinion of both. A mix of both would be ideal. The Pioneer independent left and right eq is better but I really prefer a parametric. using the crossover points properly eliminates or has the potential to eliminate the need for using an eq in most cases. It's usually in the passband between drivers. A gap in the crossover points and proper slope works wonders. I don't care for being limited to the pre-selected crossover points on the pioneer. I hardly use any at all but when I do it would be nice to put the center point exactly where my issue is.

The range of the Clarion allows for better use of a widebander if that's your taste but the very limited slopes on the clarion crossover is weak. people have different opinions on this but it will make it more difficult to achieve proper phase.  

I have listened to both quite a bit and I can say there is a noticeable difference in the overall sound leaning towards the Pioneer but with the pricepoint of both they are both insanely cheap for what they do.

I was just going to go in to how much the notice ability goes away when running something with more range to it, but then i read your sig and seen what you were running. I could respect the fact that one or the other keeps in mind that a horn loaded driver can dip down quite low to 1k or lower from a high standpoint. I'm a little more willing to deal with not being able to cutoff my mids so high than setting their low end to below 40hz or more. I'm glad you gave your opinion on these cause you could save somebody a hundred bux over going with the 80prs.