garychurch84

RMS on the icon

Since it has been upgraded a while back I know it will handle alil more power.just wondered how much,even tho its still rated the same.just wondering what some of y ou guys have put them thru

Well, the ICON has always been rated at 1000w RMS, we upped it this past version because we where comfortable with the cooling option.

It can certainly take a few lashings...

Well, the ICON has always been rated at 1000w RMS, we upped it this past version because we where comfortable with the cooling option.

It can certainly take a few lashings...

Is that you on youtube doin 149 with tthe icons?I didn't come close,only did 139.9 myself

I would pair a 2000 watt amp with the icon. Not much more than that tho.

I got the nendo bc2000 powering two 12's now.I wasn't paying any mind when ordering the icons I got the dual 2's instead of 1's.its pretty hard on my electrical which is still stock for now,thinkin of chnging amps soon Edited by garychurch84

It doesn't need gobs of power.  I'm barely pushing my Icon. ;)

I got the nendo bc2000 powering two 12's now.I wasn't paying any mind when ordering the icons I got the dual 2's instead of 1's.its pretty hard on my electrical which is still stock for now,thinkin of chnging amps soon

Don't switch amps, just buy another bc2000, run each sub to it's own amp and run at 1 ohm. That's what I would do for sure. For that much power, I would try to fit two d3100s. That should keep you in good shape.

I got the nendo bc2000 powering two 12's now.I wasn't paying any mind when ordering the icons I got the dual 2's instead of 1's.its pretty hard on my electrical which is still stock for now,thinkin of chnging amps soon

Don't switch amps, just buy another bc2000, run each sub to it's own amp and run at 1 ohm. That's what I would do for sure. For that much power, I would try to fit two d3100s. That should keep you in good shape.

That's not a bad idea at all.

Interesting question to ask as I'll be needing a similar question answered myself with a single 10" ICON being powered by 2 Zed Minotaur at 4ohms. Was going to aim for rated, then slowly bring things up until I started to see things get stressed. I will let you know what I find once the second Minotaur is in my hands and running.

Interesting question to ask as I'll be needing a similar question answered myself with a single 10" ICON being powered by 2 Zed Minotaur at 4ohms. Was going to aim for rated, then slowly bring things up until I started to see things get stressed. I will let you know what I find once the second Minotaur is in my hands and running.

With my experience with the icon, my enclosure was 4.5 tuned to 32hz, my amplifier for that setup was an AQ1200, and it never felt stressed from that power, like I said, I think a 2k amp would be perfect, because you don't have to set the gain high, plus you will have headroom and will be easier on the electrical.

will they handle that much over rated power?but again the video I watch on youtube that I mentioned above,I think he used a mtx te4000d

With my experience with the icon, my enclosure was 4.5 tuned to 32hz, my amplifier for that setup was an AQ1200, and it never felt stressed from that power, like I said, I think a 2k amp would be perfect, because you don't have to set the gain high, plus you will have headroom and will be easier on the electrical.

I can agree with this.I'm at .5 ohms now,if I go full tilt its pretty hard on my electrical.but I don't do that very often.demo only.but it will start to cut in an out.

will they handle that much over rated power?but again the video I watch on youtube that I mentioned above,I think he used a mtx te4000d

Just because the amp says 2000 on it, doesn't mean you have to use all 2000 watts. I prefer it this way too because now you don't have to fully power the amp to give the sub Rms power.

I can agree with this.I'm at .5 ohms now,if I go full tilt its pretty hard on my electrical.but I don't do that very often.demo only.but it will start to cut in an out.

This is not good at all. You might want to invest in your electrical instead of more equipment, and check your ground connection. This means your voltage is dropping down into the 11 volts range.

Yes sir,it is bad.but don't have that problem with my HU set for my normal daily setting.bass boost 0,eq LOW -6,subwoofer -15.if I demo it,I'll bring my subwoofer up to 0.I don't go over 40 on my volume

ordered new 1/0 welding cable few mins ago an new fuse block.I got 0 gauge knu koncepts cca wire which is junk.never do that again.I'm workin on gettin this right

This is not good at all. You might want to invest in your electrical instead of more equipment, and check your ground connection. This means your voltage is dropping down into the 11 volts range.

That mixed my post in

I run a sk 1500.1 on my icon and it's nice.  ITs been in 4^ @ 32hz, 3.5^ @32hz and 4.25 at 32hz.  The 4^ sounded really nice even when I ran a gladiator 1000.1 on it.  The 3.5 got the loudest.  If I could afford it id get 2 of icon 12s. The icon is really impressive.  No one Ive come across had heard an ssa icon and they were all impressed.

I run a sk 1500.1 on my icon and it's nice.  ITs been in 4^ @ 32hz, 3.5^ @32hz and 4.25 at 32hz.  The 4^ sounded really nice even when I ran a gladiator 1000.1 on it.  The 3.5 got the loudest.  If I could afford it id get 2 of icon 12s. The icon is really impressive.  No one Ive come across had heard an ssa icon and they were all impressed.

same around here.everyone thinks its no name junk until they hear it.lmao

what would I have to do to do to match both amps if i decided to do tghis