cloud77

I need tweeters; but how would I wire?

I have an MB quart 4.80 running 6.5"  3 way infinity kappas in the front and infinity kappas 3 way 6x9s in the rear.  Each has a 2 ohm nominal on each channel of the amp. 

If I bought some crescendo super tweets would I be able to wire them and still make a difference to my front stage? 

I am planning on upgrading my 4 channel in the future to a Hertz or quality 4 channel after I get my alternator this winter. 

Should I just wait until I upgrade my 4 channel and just buy a component set? 

what are the tweeters for exactly? you already have tweeters in each set of coax, why are you trying to achieve? 

buying more speakers or wasting money on expensive amps won't improve anything. 

Just make it sound worse in a ton of ways.

Instead of buying random drivers, post up what you are lacking and what you'd like to improve.

What they said.

Why did you purchase another set of tweeters, super tweeters no less ?

Not really sure of the plan, but adding them to your existing install is not a good idea. Super tweeters have no place in a vehicle to start with.

More details of your goals and budget and we can help you design a system that will meet your goals.

Thanks for the response guys.  I guess I want to re-do everything when the weather gets warmer.  Never dealt with component sets.  How does a 2 way separate tweeter with crossover benefit more than a 2 way or 3 way speaker.

I have lots of space in my back doors to make holes and mount 6 1/2s or 6x9s.  Just trying to get as much mid and treble in my cabin as possible.

Right now I have enclosures behind my amps on top of the amp rack.

Thanks for the response guys.  I guess I want to re-do everything when the weather gets warmer.  Never dealt with component sets.  How does a 2 way separate tweeter with crossover benefit more than a 2 way or 3 way speaker.

If you are referring to a component versus a coaxial, the decent component systems typically use higher quality drivers that will perform significantly better. And while the crossover on most component sets is usually very generic, they are better than the virtual lack of any crossover that most coaxials have as most coaxials simply allow the mid to roll off naturally with no lowpass and the tweeter is usually high passed with a simple in-line cap.

I have lots of space in my back doors to make holes and mount 6 1/2s or 6x9s.  Just trying to get as much mid and treble in my cabin as possible.

Mmmm.... Not a good plan either. More details of the budget, goals and current system.

The only difference that will make to your stage is to further destroy it.

Take a step back and tell us what you are trying to accomplish and why and we can help you with the what & how.

Thanks for the replies and help so far gentleman.

I want to get a quality all around sound in my front stage.  Right now the 3 way 6x9s mounted in the enclosures in the rear are over powering the front stage.  I am having to turn the gain up on the 4 channel a little bit higher on the front stage than my liking to be able to reasonably hear music over the bass. 

Maybe I just want to do something different, as I want to change my setup every couple months or so.  I really don't want to build pods for my doors, but I have a 1" stock tweeter position that I feel I could be using as it is in a mid door location and feel I could get good sound from that position on the door.  This is why I was looking at component sets, but if I'm not too pleased with my 4 channel right now I might as well wait.

My dream 4 channel amp would be a mmats sq4150 to match my mono, but I guess the MB quart isn't too bad for now. 

Everything sounds great...Just looking for some more ideas for when the spring comes.  Maybe I could try building pods, but they would have to look decent, and that's a whole other topic.

What 4 channel do you have?

What is your sub setup?

What does your budget look like?

What vehicle?

My 4 channel is an mb quart 4.80

Sub: SSA Zcon on a mmats m3000.1

Aiming for about 400 for components and a new amp, maybe more if I can sell some things.

2004 Pontiac Grand prix;  An alternator after xmas is more of a priority, but I'd like to get started on picking up equipment since theres lots of good deals out there.

1. throw out the rear speakers. 

2. sound deadening

3. listen to some components until you find a pair you like.

4. bridge the 4 channel amp to the components

Thanks for the replies and help so far gentleman.

I want to get a quality all around sound in my front stage.  Right now the 3 way 6x9s mounted in the enclosures in the rear are over powering the front stage.  I am having to turn the gain up on the 4 channel a little bit higher on the front stage than my liking to be able to reasonably hear music over the bass. 

Maybe I just want to do something different, as I want to change my setup every couple months or so.  I really don't want to build pods for my doors, but I have a 1" stock tweeter position that I feel I could be using as it is in a mid door location and feel I could get good sound from that position on the door.  This is why I was looking at component sets, but if I'm not too pleased with my 4 channel right now I might as well wait.

My dream 4 channel amp would be a mmats sq4150 to match my mono, but I guess the MB quart isn't too bad for now. 

Everything sounds great...Just looking for some more ideas for when the spring comes.  Maybe I could try building pods, but they would have to look decent, and that's a whole other topic.

Here is where the confusion lies.  When you use this term, it implies interesting in staging, proper staging, however, reading into your posts I get that you want solid midbass and "highs,"  but you are not concerned about staging, only getting loud.