Sign in to follow this  
TEAM RF NICARAGUA

5000 RMS AMP, VS 4000 RMS SUB

stop believing in fairy tales. they aren't enough if you want to hit a certain number. if that amount of power gets you where you want, it means it's enough.

I think its plenty of power, I hope you have the current to power those amplifers. They are flat out awesome, but they need tons of juice.

people act liek as ub wont play if you dont give it a certian level of power. People are stupid :)

Granted if you only have 500w RMS its better to get an RLP than an RL-s because of efficency issues, but 5kw is enough to get almost nay sub pounting, even extremely inefficent ones. You realize that is over 6hp?

dude thats not even a 3db increase.

Ya, so is going from a 1500W RMS amp to a 2000W RMS amp... but I'm pretty sure you'll see a difference.

in your coils color and smell on some subs maybe... not a whole whole lot in sound. Deffanitly a difference. but the price difference between a 1500w amp and 2000w amp can be hute at times.

once you start moving alot of current you get over the initial impeadance rise at low volumes and start seeing the impeadance drop some...untill your coils heat up that is.

if you are going from 4000 watts to 5000 watts you probibly woln't hear a big difference, if you hear one at all. if you are giving a 4000 watt rms sub 5000 watts you should be fine as long as it is clean power.

Your ears are going to be distorting at those kinds of volumes anyway, the only difference you're going to likely to see is on the mic :)

IMO, it's reckless and harmful to you to drive around with that kind of power for strictly a daily driver - find out what sanctioning body you'd like to compete in, and determine how much power's needed in the class you want. It may be that 5kW places you in a larger class while 4kW allows you stay in a smaller one, I don't know. Doubtful. But perhaps.