Sign in to follow this  
gsWes

upgrading from a 12 to a 15 or 18 on 1200 watts? opinions needed!

im running a 12inch icon at 1 ohm on a sd sax1200, ported at 32hz. im looking to upgrade for more output. the icon is amazing but i want to move a little more air. contemplating going to an xcon 12 or 15. i like the specs of the sundown x series also. i want something brutal! am i barking up the wrong tree with an xcon? do i have enough power to push one in a 15inch? lemme know what you guys think.

yeah ! i have actually! just lookin at them today! whatta ya think?

plenty for 3-5 cubic foot box. u ever heard the ssa icon? just wondering how the bl compares

fyi this will be a daily sub. no comp

i also plan on tuning my next box low! like 26-29 hz

the icon is awesome dontget me wrong! thing sounds amazing and gets loud! i actually have thought about a 15 icon

If your thinking about getting another icon you could get another 12, and later upgrade your amp

15 is your biggest... 2-12s would choke in the space you have. What kind of car is it?

Its a crew cab truck and yes the icon is in 2.5 cubed at 32hz. Its the kaotic single ported 12 box from the ssa store! For most people this setup is more than ample but i just wanna run a 15 really.

You could recone it to a 15 and get more cone area. Saves you time, $$$, and having to ship if you were going to sell the ICON to get a new sub

that would be the cheapest option unles you sold your current sub

that would be a lil more than a recone! how much is a recone and a new basket?

also i turned my gain up a hair and apparently i was pussy footin! lol its just under halfway up and this thing is slammin now! starts to clip on trap music and decaf at like 35-36 out of 50 on the head unit volume... is it possible that thgis thing is still breaking in after almost a year?

also i turned my gain up a hair and apparently i was pussy footin! lol its just under halfway up and this thing is slammin now! starts to clip on trap music and decaf at like 35-36 out of 50 on the head unit volume... is it possible that thgis thing is still breaking in after almost a year?

I guess it's possible if the suspension has not been fully extended.