Sign in to follow this  
rowdyful7

box design yay or nay

I got my zcons coming in there 18s and I have a few ideas for it I got about 20 cubes to work with here's some pictures could anyone tell me if I'm close or way off?

Are you asking if you should use a 20cuft of area for 2 18's if so then no. 14 would be plenty 

I would do 14cu and 200sqin of port. Make that port 9in wide and your good

I was gonna go port forward subs up so it needs to be atleast 40 inches long right?

in a Sierra?  ext cab?

If this is a extended or crew cab truck then do subs forward port up. That will give you best overall sound/spl IMO. Although the loudest truck around here runs subs up port to the driverside and is doing damn near 60's with 2 18's.

This was my box from my truck with two 18's. It was 14.5cu ft with 207sqin of port tuned at 30hz. It was a ground pounder for sure. Box is huge. If it would fit your build you could save all the headache and buy it.

Box2-1.jpg

oldbox4_zps76019a09.jpg

If this is a extended or crew cab truck then do subs forward port up. That will give you best overall sound/spl IMO. Although the loudest truck around here runs subs up port to the driverside and is doing damn near 60's with 2 18's.

This was my box from my truck with two 18's. It was 14.5cu ft with 207sqin of port tuned at 30hz. It was a ground pounder for sure. Box is huge. If it would fit your build you could save all the headache and buy it.

Box2-1.jpg

oldbox4_zps76019a09.jpg

Yep, DB Revolution is doing some pretty impressive numbers

Well it would fit by my measurments but then I don't know where I would put my amp or xs 7500

Here was my build log from it to give you some ideas what I did.

The only thing I can think of is making the false floor and putting the battery and amp under it put I need to go and check how high the box would be sitting

But that way the port will almost be pressed on my roof let me try some diffrent ways

Ok potentially it will fit with the batteries and amp behind the box on the bump but the subs would be pressed into to the back seat

I can vouch for Lee's enclosure. That thing got nasty & was very low n clean in his truck.

Well since this is a build log I guess I'll list my stuff and post pictures of what i have already

2 zcon 18s

Sundown 5000d

Singer 6 phase alternator

Kinetic 2400&7500

100ft of sky high 0 gauge

And bulk pack of damplifier pro

And has anyone else had a problem with xs batteries shipping my box seemed beat up and one of my connector bags had a hole I'm it and they were just out In the box it wasent a major deal because the batteries seem fine I was just wondering