crackinhedz

modeling Xcon in Winisd

Hey guys, I have my second Xcon and needing new enclosure but have been debating staying ported or going back to sealed (save cargo space)

Anyway, I am first time user of Winisd and not sure if I did this correct so could someone let me know if it looks ok?  How do you interpret this graph?

To me it looks like ported is the way to go. (I modeled using two 15" Xcons at 1000rms each)

Let me know if you need any additional info about my setup...believe my SUV cabin gain peaks @ 49 Hz.

post-23098-0-24100800-1392533990_thumb.p

Edited by crackinhedz

nothing much to say. decide how much space to give up

Yeah, thats pretty much my dilema.

Does it look like I used Winisd correctly? Its a fairly confusing program.

6ft^3 sealed or 8ft^3 ported...its gonna take up a lot of space either way, may as well just port it.

Depends on your purpose with WinISD. You are looking at a transfer function which in general shows a shape, but isn't all that useful. I basically never use that screen for anything.

As for ported and 15 Xcon - YES. I ported the 15" Xcon in my boat and it is sweet.

Dam, you have a 15" sub on a boat? Must make for some awesome fishing trips! (Unless it scares all the fish away)

When its not so cold outside, Im gonna go figure out max box dimensions for ported. Right now I guestimate 45"w X 22"d X 25"h. (But thats just guesswork)

I sold my Ranger, this is in a wakeboard boat.

Definitely start with your max space....should do that before even shopping for drivers IMO.

Well, I definitely have the space...its the compromise of cargo space I have to decide.

All out monster ported, or sealed with room to carry shit. :)

Well, I definitely have the space...its the compromise of cargo space I have to decide.

All out monster ported, or sealed with room to carry shit. smile.png

And that decision determines the space...