Sign in to follow this  
THX_Elite

Hello From Pocatello, ID

I have done months and months of research and years of trials in car audio installs and have become intermediate in my knowledge.

I am Interested in putting more muscle in the trunk of my 95 Mazda Millinia.

My setup includes:

A stock 90 amp alternator connected with premium 0/1 gauge to my

Oddesy 65-PC1750 Battery that is also grounded with the same gauge.

A Kenwood Excellon KDC X493 head unit with true 4v pre amps

A Hifonics Zeus ZRX1000.4 amp powering

Kenwood Excellon XR-1800P Components in the front and

Kenwood Excellon KFC-X693 6x9's in the back.

In the trunk:

175 farad "BatCap" and a 1 farad SWX capacitor

A Hifonics Brutus BRX1600.1D amp for the trunk powering

a Rockford Fosgate T1D212 in an OLD pre-fab box that is completly wrong for the sub.

All of my wire is 0/1 gauge of OFC wiring

I am very excited now since I found Fi a few months ago and started reaserching their woofers, and am eye-balling the BL 12" Dual 2

for Daily Driver.  I also have researched and found a good box built to spec from Fatbox USA(I don't have the tools), and am in the process of verifying that it will fit thru my trunk opening, if it does it will be a perfect match.

I look forward to chatting with and learning from everyone, and possibly helping where I can! 

Thanks for Having me!

~THX_Elite

:WELCOME: to the forum!

You should love that BL!

Thank you, I bet I will!  I have not been able to get an email reply from sales however.  I wanted to first contact them and introduce my self as an excited customer, but don't seem to know how to get a reply?

They're a very small company.  There's only a handful of people who work there and even fewer of them who actually answer the emails.  Sometimes it takes them awhile to get back with answers to questions, especially with the volume of emails they get on a daily basis.  Not that they don't think every customer is important but in the realm of things an email of that nature might not register high on the scale of importance to get back to quickly.  Sometimes even with an issue or very important question it can take time and several emails to get a response mainly due to just how busy they are.  People complain a lot about it but the way they're setup to do business is how they can offer such awesome drivers for such fantastic prices.  Keep in mind they also OEM drivers for quite a few companies and do some industrial related stuff as well so they have a lot more on their plate than just the Fi brand stuff to keep up with.

Don't get discouraged, the slow email response in no way reflects on the quality of the products!! biggrin.png

That is very encouraging!  Thank you : )  ...I'm in the process of making sure the enclosure I want to order for it will fit thru my trunk opening, and if it does I will be set to make my order with them! 

If the design from that place doesn't work out there's a vendor or two on this site that does great work and they're familiar with the subs too.  They can probably get you hooked up without a problem.

I have a pair of 12" Fi Q's in my wife's van that have been the absolute best purchase in audio I've made in a long time.  That install has been running strong for three and a half years now and the subs sound every bit as strong and detailed as they did from the beginning.  I had never before had anything perform so well and take the abuse my wife has given these last so good.  I fully expect the XCON in my Jimmy to give the same long service as well.

The BL will be a great sub for you and I know how frustrating tight fits can be, lol.

Welcome

Welcome to SSA

Thanks all!  ya I need to get a thin sheet of ply wood to make a "mock box" with the same dimensions as the box I want before I order it,(it's $100 for shipping)on top of the $269 for the well made enclosure, can't afford to make a mistake there!  slayer.gif

Why plywood?  Get a bunch of cardboard from wally world or some place like it.  Much easier to mock the external dimensions of the box up with the cardboard than it is plywood, not to mention it's cheaper too.  I do highly agree though that if the fit is that questionable that you should definitely mock it up first and be sure it's going to fit!

I did a lot of measuring and eyeballing and getting my mechanic step dad and others' opinions...and thinking it over for DAAYYYSS...lol, I'm pretty sure it will fit, I noticed a big trim piece in the trunk I can easily take off to slide the box in if I have to.  I have extreme anxiety so I tend to over think and over evaluate things easily...uggh.

So anyway I just decided to pull the trigger on the order and box fabrication is starting this evening!  I don't mind paying the money, (a lot)... It is a killer enclosure from Fatbox USA made for the Fi BTL but it fit's the BL's specs nicely, check it out, I'll soon be ready for my BL!!!!

http://www.fatboxusa.com/products/1-mdf-12-fi-audio-btl-subwoofer-sub-enclosure-box.html

What do you guys think?...will my mind be blown by the difference in the new setup compared to my Fosgate T1 in a box that is only 1.5 cubic and 40hz lol?

welcome

Welcome

:WELCOME:

Custom enclosure for the Fi will be here by the end of the week!  Ordering the Fi BL in a couple days....Damn I'm anxious, lol...  I can barely pull my eyes off the forum, bahahah!  Sure hope everything goes smoothly! 

Other than my 90 amp alternator, I have prepared everything flawlessly for this upcoming excitement! 

~I hope the 90 amp alty can handle this upgrade, since it's in a Mazda Millinia and is mounted half way under the engine and would require a ton of mechanic work and money to get it out and upgrade.  But it has been powering my 800rms T1 in a way to small enclosure at 1600watts and 1ohm at max volume for at least 6 months now, with out issue. HOPEFULL!!

oooo000HHH YAAAaaaa!!!  Just made my order on a fully loaded 12" Dual 2 BL!!!  Let the onslaught of anxiety and child like anticipation and impatience begin!  fing05.gif

Update:  Ordering a Maniac Electrical Motors H/O alternator doubling my amps to 180