hdrox88

Popped a tweeter, faulty unit or user error?

I wasn't planning on using it anymore, my curiosity just got the best of me with the low battery thing and it may have uncovered a problem in my amp. I'll be using lithium's suggestion and isolating the amplifier to see what's up with that crosstalk I stumbled across.

Using my ipad mini and 3.5mm to rca cable I confirmed major cross talk within the amp. With the mids connected to the rear channels of the amp I connected my ipad to the amp rear input and listened to how it sounded. I then connected to the front input(tweeter disconnected of course) and I should have head nothing, but it was almost as loud as when connected the the rear, but with a faint buzz in there as well. I decided to swap the mids to the front channels of the amp to see if it was happening that way as well and sure enough, same damn thing. Apparently my T400-4 is junk?

Something happened to it... :-( .. Sucked because they are nice amps... At least you know what the issue is and should be able to correct it

Using my ipad mini and 3.5mm to rca cable I confirmed major cross talk within the amp. With the mids connected to the rear channels of the amp I connected my ipad to the amp rear input and listened to how it sounded. I then connected to the front input(tweeter disconnected of course) and I should have head nothing, but it was almost as loud as when connected the the rear, but with a faint buzz in there as well. I decided to swap the mids to the front channels of the amp to see if it was happening that way as well and sure enough, same damn thing. Apparently my T400-4 is junk?

bad news. have you tried fiddling with the 2ch/4ch switch. maybe its not engaged properly. worth a shot before giving up on it.  

there might be some repair options available or sell it as-is to anyone who can 

It makes a slight volume difference when switching back and forth, but that's it.