cehmke

Need a custom box for a 2012 silverado extended cab

Im not paying $400+ for a local guy to build me a custom box for my silverado. Looking for a ported box under the rear seat. Not sure if I have the airspace for 2 10's or just a single 12. 

Without measurents from you. System goals, music types, amount of power, drivers you wish to use etc... Any guess we make will be invalid. Need to give more details. Ported? Sealed? Etc...

I mentioned i wanted a ported box in the original post ...  im probablly going to be looking at the DCON's .. pair of 10's ..  probablly 750-1000 watts.  just want it to sound good, but want to be able to feel it

Measurements(max space your willing to use)

Completely underneath the back seat. I dont have dimensions because the truck is kept in a storage unit about 20 miles from my place. Next time 'm over there I can get some. Surely someone knows somebody that has done this and can get specs.

Year, make, model? Single cab, extended cab, quad cab? Maybe there is someone that has the same truck that can post some measurements.

Does noone read anymore ? Lol

I said its a 2012 extended cab (not 4 complete doors) silverado.

LMAO,I've noticed a lot of people do that!Their to lazy to read. Edited by garychurch84

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/2007-2013-gmc-sierra-and-chevrolet-silverado-extended-cab-dual-ported-sub-box/its prefab but maybe I'll give the general idea

Link doesn't work!

Edited by garychurch84

I'm sorry. You're too cheap to pay a box builder and so expect us to design one. But it's too hard for you to provide us with the necessary information to do a proper design. And get mad at us because your truck is 20 miles away in storage so we have to go find one to get measurements ourselves?

But hey we're too lazy to read...

Do your own research. You can't ask solve for y where x+z=y. Without giving values for x and z.

I'm sorry. You're too cheap to pay a box builder and so expect us to design one. But it's too hard for you to provide us with the necessary information to do a proper design. And get mad at us because your truck is 20 miles away in storage so we have to go find one to get measurements ourselves?

But hey we're TOO LAZY to read...

Do your own research. You can't ask solve for y where x+z=y. Without giving values for x and z.

not all just some lol

I agree with this 100%

Edited by garychurch84

Does no one do their own research or even find out measurements of their own fucking vehicle? lol

From your posts its clear your a lazy cheap ass that expects people to do shit for you. How would you even know someone was giving you a good design without trying to gain some knowledge yourself?

Edited by swift

Just to make this clear. I post from my phone. Once I scroll down the page the thread title is no longer visible. After reading some posts I forgot what the title said. Just trying to be helpful but go ahead and run your mouth...

alot easier to scroll your mouse up and read, than for me to spend 30 minutes driving to get you specs that you probablly wont be able to use to help me anyways ..

and I have YET to hear about a decent box builder in Utah ...

There probably isn't one. As far as I know I'm the only active utah member. I could post some names of members on here that are good with this kind of thing, but you will have to go get some measurements first.

There probably isn't one. As far as I know I'm the only active utah member. I could post some names of members on here that are good with this kind of thing, but you will have to go get some measurements first.

I appreciate it, I will be using the truck tomorrow. Do you buy your equipment locally? What shops are reputable? I checked out Innovative Audio in Sandy, wasnt too terribly impressed.

Major purchases I buy here or some such place. The little stuff I've been going to California audio in west valley. I've known the owner Alan basically my whole life. That being said I wouldn't go to him for things like this thread is about. As I'm sure you've noticed there are far better options...

Major purchases I buy here or some such place. The little stuff I've been going to California audio in west valley. I've known the owner Alan basically my whole life. That being said I wouldn't go to him for things like this thread is about. As I'm sure you've noticed there are far better options...

Although to alot of people in this thread, it may seem like I have not done research. Quite the contrary, as I was going to have Dustin @ DC design/build me a box last year, but got sent to Alaska and would not be able to enjoy it. 

alot easier to scroll your mouse up and read, than for me to spend 30 minutes driving to get you specs that you probablly wont be able to use to help me anyways ..

We need measurements to design something. Since there's no measurements use this for a box.

38" wide 10" tall 15" deep. Use a 6" aero port that is 18" long.

Edited by Bassink

We need measurements to design something. Since there's no measurements use this for a box.

Again, this is going under the rear seat, thanks for trying to help though. Im sure it's a FANTASTIC design.

Grab some quick specs when you get the truck and this will go much much faster and easier. Then again if you can download Torres box calculator or check out Stephan's site you could design it yourself and post it here to double check. Just a thought.

Edited by puscifer2

Again, this is going under the rear seat, thanks for trying to help though. Im sure it's a FANTASTIC design.

Well how do I know that won't fit? Without dimensions you shouldn't have even started this thread. There is no possible way we can help right now. Please drop the attitude and come back with max dimensions and we will definitely be able to help you.

Well how do I know that won't fit? Without dimensions you shouldn't have even started this thread. There is no possible way we can help right now. Please drop the attitude and come back with max dimensions and we will definitely be able to help you.

I have an attitude because people wanna start name calling and being douchebags to someone over the internet. I would like to get into car audio more seriously, but if it is full of morons and people unwilling to help without flaming someone they do not know, I have no interest.