Sign in to follow this  
t money

would i hear a difference???

i just got a real good deal on a kicker kx1200.1 and was wondering if switching from the crossfire vr1000d to the kicker kx1200.1 will make a audible difference?Right now i have my mag 15 in a 3.7cf at 27hz box.According to my friend who's a kicker dealer i should definately hear a difference, what do you guys think?

i just got a real good deal on a kicker kx1200.1 and was wondering if switching from the crossfire vr1000d to the kicker kx1200.1 will make a audible difference?Right now i have my mag 15 in a 3.7cf at 27hz box.According to my friend who's a kicker dealer i should definately hear a difference, what do you guys think?

No, not with a 200 watt difference.

I'm not sure what the exact formula is, but an increase of 3 dB requires an increase of double the power. The only thing that might be audible is if you are overdriving your amp with a clipped signal.

Hell, I've seen the VR1000s benched at 1400+ with a steady14V, so why would you even want to change?

That's what I was about to point out. My BMF1000d benched at over 1400 at 13.8v. Those amps are highly underrated. I'm not sure how underrated the Kickers are but you will probably not see any gain at all. I'm not even sure it would sound better. See if he'll let you swap it out and see if it's worth the change...also I'm not sure how much more power would help you anyway once you run into compression on your sub.

well the thing is this, you know when you get a deal you can't pass up? that's how cheap i got the kicker amp for.Well i have a Ed 16ov2 i'll be selling and since i have both amps, just wondering if i should sell the kicker amp with the Ed sub or the crossfire amp with the ED sub.That's the only reason i'm even considering the switch.Which is t he better amp then, so i can sell the one left over.

nothing wrong with kicker scott..lol..hater.....but like the above guys said, with two quality amps, that close in power, both will be about equal.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

nothing wrong with kicker scott..lol..hater.....but like the above guys said, with two quality amps, that close in power, both will be about equal.

I know there isn't.... just if he was getting such a great deal on the Kicker, I would turn around and sell it to someone else for a profit :D:lol2:

diddle makes a great point,

I would not be suprised if they are doing about the same power anyway, but honestly I would throw the kicker in, see if there is any change and if you like it, then decide from there

diddle makes a great point,

I would not be suprised if they are doing about the same power anyway, but honestly I would throw the kicker in, see if there is any change and if you like it, then decide from there

I like that idea, since i already have 4 awg ran to the crossfire amp :woot: (although kicker recommends 1/0 awg) i will switch the amps around to see if there is a difference in sound, if not i will sell the kicker cause i will make a good profit. thanks for all the suggestions fellas.

right now, i have a crossfire vr1000d (1000 rms) and a mtx 2300xw (150x2). I have 4 gauge going from the battery to the distro block, and from the distro block i have 2 8 guages going to both amps.I was told this is fine, do you think i should have 1/0 awg going to a distro block and 2 4 awg's going to both amps. Would that make a difference. I also have done the big 3 all in 4 awg.

yes it will make a difference,

I just went from 1/0 to 4/0 for one amplfier and I can tell the difference, I and still need to up my big3, so it should gain more then too

right now, i have a crossfire vr1000d (1000 rms) and a mtx 2300xw (150x2). I have 4 gauge going from the battery to the distro block, and from the distro block i have 2 8 guages going to both amps.I was told this is fine, do you think i should have 1/0 awg going to a distro block and 2 4 awg's going to both amps. Would that make a difference. I also have done the big 3 all in 4 awg.

Yes, 1/0 to a distro block and 4ga to the amps. Too much current on a wire = fire. You don't want that.

i definately don't want a fire, but i was told that 1/0 awg to 2 4awg's is overkill. Is their a way to tell if i need bigger wires. So you guys think if i upgraded my wire from 4 awg to 1/0 awg i can hear a difference.I do get some dimming but not a whole lot.If i upgraded would the dimming stop as well. Also if i upgrade, should i upgrade the big 3 to 1/0 awg as well. thanks for all the help in advanced

Well, why would I lie to you? I do this sort of thing for a living...

Your cable runs on the Big 3 are small enough not to warrant needing 1/0, but overkill is good.

Beefing your other feeds up from 8 gauge to 4 gauge, and 4 gauge to 0 gauge will probably get a little more juice out of your amp(s). 8 gauge is just tiny for most systems unless you're just running a single 300 watt amplifier.

Beefing your other feeds up from 8 gauge to 4 gauge, and 4 gauge to 0 gauge will probably get a little more juice out of your amp(s).  8 gauge is just tiny for most systems unless you're just running a single 300 watt amplifier.

Yep. Less voltage drop over the cable = more voltage for the amplifier.

I know there isn't.... just if he was getting such a great deal on the Kicker, I would turn around and sell it to someone else for a profit :D:lol2:

ahhh..now all is clear!

lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

o.k i'll do it. I am going to run 0 awg from the battery to a distro block and run two 4 awg's to both amps.I have a 150 amp fuse by the battery already so i'm ready.thanks for all help

www.knukonceptz.com

www.weldingsupply.com

For good, well priced wiring choices.