skydog

1-Din head unit

Hey guys I am looking to upgrade my head unit in my boat. I am redoing the hole thing. I have two 15 SSA in ported boxes. (Still waiting on this stuff) For highs I have eight Hertz 6.5" at 4 ohms with two Hertz amps running them in stereo. I dont have room for and head other than a 1-Din. I have a marine Kenwood now in boat with two wired remotes. Bluetooth is a must! My Kenwood now is not and running a cable to phone sucks. I play 90% of my music from phone. I am willing to ditch the wired remotes for a better head. I did order Kenwoods new marine unit it is Bluetooth but feel there is better.... I want good eq controls,is higher rca volts better? The new Kenwood was like $130.00 thats just to cheap.... Looking to spend $300-500.00 And it does not need to be marine it is in a dry place. So Alpine best?? Or??

Ty guys for all the help!!!!!

Pioneer 80prs maybe?

Pioneer 80prs maybe?

Thank you yes was looking at that. MMMMMM

Is that your pic? Is the volts on rca outs a big thing?

Pioneer 80prs maybe?

Thank you yes was looking at that. MMMMMM

Is that your pic? Is the volts on rca outs a big thing?

The rca output voltage is NOT a big deal. 

I just have a volume knob in my boat. Fuck the headunit.

Lol

Lol
That wasn't a joke.

Actually I have 4. One for overall. One for the in boats, one for the towers and one for the sub. Overall is all you need, but sometimes I like to change the balance for when swimming off the back or partying at the island.

Just using some Blue Velvet analog pots. Sound killer. There is a proc after each volume source too...

The new HU even shows battery volts kick ass!! :-) That rocks and a big help in my boat! :-)

Did someone actually buy your Polk's already Matt?

Hey guys love to stream music from my phone Bluetooth but does that kill the sq? If so whats the best way to play music from my phone then? I see the new HU takes sd card, would that be better?

Ty

I bought a cheap tablet to just leave on the boat connected to a hard drive. Stream via direct connection. You can use your other device as a remote for it.

More off topic. 1200hp 15psi on a....?

The bluetooth streaming in general is lackluster, kills battery, but is convenient. On plane with all the noise sources floating around you may not notice. Sitting still it'd bug me.*

*never tried on plane either

Ty for the great info. Its a 600" Merlin 8.3 Whipple meth injection. Makes over 1200hp on pump gas! :-) Should run mid 130s this year.....

Awesome, that ought to fly...almost as well as a ProX tongue.png

I bought a cheap tablet to just leave on the boat connected to a hard drive. Stream via direct connection. You can use your other device as a remote for it.More off topic. 1200hp 15psi on a....?

What hard drive setup you like? Whats easiest to get all the songs off my Android phone? Sorry for all the questions man.

Thanks a ton!! :-)

Trick comes down to getting an Android that can charge and access a hard drive at the same time. Only one I know of (personally) is the Nexus 7 2012 using a custom ROM by Timur. That being said this can be simplified if you have less than 64gb of music as a standard microSD can be had in that size.

Sorry starting to get over my head some. Damn it lol. I have a mico sd in my phone can I just pop that out with a sd standard size adapter and put in new head unit then?

Sorry starting to get over my head some. Damn it lol. I have a mico sd in my phone can I just pop that out with a sd standard size adapter and put in new head unit then?

Most likely. It SUCKS to peruse music on a headunit though, WAY easier on the phone itself. Get a ram mount and just have it plugged in/held on the dash plugged in. It won't fall off under power and is actually somewhat convenient. Allows you to use the GPS if you are on big water too.

Most likely. It SUCKS to peruse music on a headunit though, WAY easier on the phone itself. Get a ram mount and just have it plugged in/held on the dash plugged in. It won't fall off under power and is actually somewhat convenient. Allows you to use the GPS if you are on big water too.

Thanks then just use the headphone out on phone to deck with that 3.5mm

In general that is what I'd do :)