DieseLife

Is something wrong with my XCON?

I have a single 10" xcon in a box i built under the seat of my crewcab dodge pickup, powered by a black ice 1300w D block run at 1ohm. I get decent bass out of it, but if i try to crank it up some i get a rattling sound from the woofer cone area. This is not with all my gain and bass knobs/levels maxed out either. Maybe im expecting to much from a 10? Just seems odd my 1300w amp is maxing out an xcon when not even cranked at full tilt.

Ill post a video tomorrow so yall can see. Im no audio expert and dont have an audio shop around that hasnt tried blowing smoke up my a**.

I have a single 10" xcon in a box i built under the seat of my crewcab dodge pickup, powered by a black ice 1300w D block run at 1ohm. I get decent bass out of it, but if i try to crank it up some i get a rattling sound from the woofer cone area. This is not with all my gain and bass knobs/levels maxed out either. Maybe im expecting to much from a 10? Just seems odd my 1300w amp is maxing out an xcon when not even cranked at full tilt.

Ill post a video tomorrow so yall can see. Im no audio expert and dont have an audio shop around that hasnt tried blowing smoke up my a**.

Try holding the cap on low volume to see if it stops, it could be the dustcap came slightly unglued in one area and is vibrating.

is your ssf set correctly?

Fixing to go out and get a video, once i get it uploaded on youtube ill post a link.

bass boost should be off. If it isn't shut it off and see if the noise continues.

Where in Texas are you located?

If ported specs on box would help. What is your box tuned at? If it is what is your SSF set at?

What is your LPF set at on your amp?

Does your headunit have sub settings, if so what are they set to?

No Bass Boost on head unit or amplifier, not needed.

Take sub out of box and inspect it, both subwoofer for any loose parts and box for any leaks or broken parts.

Sorry guys i got caught up working on the truck and putting a new headunit in.

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT.

Its late so i couldnt crank it up, but for some reason or another the bass sounds a lot better/cleaner. Maybe my old HU had an issue, ill post back results tmrw before i start trouble shooting. Thanks

Truck has been under the knife and the sub issue was on the back burner.

I think i know why there is a rattle type noise, looks like my foam surround is coming apart from the cone. Guess ill be looking at a recone or surround kit to fix it