Sign in to follow this  
Wackzirth88

fuses blew in sundown sae 1200

Ive had a sundown sae 1200 v2 for going on 4 years now. Its been ran in two systems/cars both at 1 ohm. I installed it those two times set it and left it(set it differently). Been going strong until today.

My car is a Buick lesabre with a stock 130a alt. My battery is under backseat and power n ground are ran from battery to amp; literally 2-3 ft long runs. My voltage has always been decent; mid 13s is about the lowest I see on hard drops. Today on my way home from work beating all the way here; 15-20 minutes. Right when I pulled into town my bass stopped.upon inspection all 5 30a fuses in the amo popped, the 120a fuse in between the battery and amp did not. All power and ground connections are tight at amp n battery.

Suggestions/advice appreciated. Where should I start with troubleshooting? Open the amp, look for fried connections?

Ive had a sundown sae 1200 v2 for going on 4 years now. Its been ran in two systems/cars both at 1 ohm. I installed it those two times set it and left it(set it differently). Been going strong until today.

My car is a Buick lesabre with a stock 130a alt. My battery is under backseat and power n ground are ran from battery to amp; literally 2-3 ft long runs. My voltage has always been decent; mid 13s is about the lowest I see on hard drops. Today on my way home from work beating all the way here; 15-20 minutes. Right when I pulled into town my bass stopped.upon inspection all 5 30a fuses in the amo popped, the 120a fuse in between the battery and amp did not. All power and ground connections are tight at amp n battery.

Suggestions/advice appreciated. Where should I start with troubleshooting? Open the amp, look for fried connections?

I would check your grounds and terminals at every connection, sounds like you were pulling too much amperage. A bad ground or bad positive will not show voltage differences until there is a load applied to it. Many times it'll be a bad connection or a slightly burnt ANL fuse/etc.

if and when you replace them...... and they pop again,.... it maybe shed a tear time...

Anl fuse is the large one between battery and amp? (2 prongs on one end and a hooked prongon other side). I'll check all connections and give each fastner a little turn. Then just replace the amp fuses and test her out?

Dude I already have the feeling she's getting ready to go. I wondered the same thing about the 120 fuse. Already convincing the wife I need new! Lol

big three?

as far as the fuses go.. i would guess that one weak 2 year old fuse blew,...  then boom boom boom boom .. down the row they went... as they are in parallel

No big 3 but I did replace the factory ground with 1/0 knu wire; nothing upgraded off alt tho

Is the amp mounted in such a way that it'd be sucessable to vibration? Vibration is #1 amp killer.

I think its good. The amp is screwed to a carpeted piece of 3/4 mdf with rubber washers under the feet/mounting holes. There are rubber washers glued to the bottom of the MDF n it is screwed to the trunk floor

Tightened everything up, replaced the fuses and its running fine thus far. I'll get more time on it tomorrow and see how it holds up.

Good news. Happy its better for ya