388chevy

Question about equalizer and cross overs

First up i bought a decent power acoustic equalizer off amazon and hooked it up but it doesnt work when i turn the head unit from aux back to radio, it has cd/aux rca, sub rca, and front/rear rca's so i have it hooked from my head unit to the amp and back to the equalizer is this right? 

Second question probably is a stupid one but i bought the nice crescendo 6.5" component set and it came with crossovers, are these needed if i have a equalizer? if so is there a diagram on how to wire the crossovers to the mids and tweeters? thanks in advance 

Crossovers and an EQ are 2 different things. Unless you have a processor and are comfortable with an active setup use the supplies crossovers

An external equalizer should be in-line, between the head unit and the amp(s). That would be why it is doing nothing for you.

It works when I switch to aux but when I switch to radio it doesn't. Also it doesn't have a main input did I buy the wrong one?

An external equalizer should be in-line, between the head unit and the amp(s). That would be why it is doing nothing for you.

Equalizers are used to combat anomalies in the response of a system by cutting them out.  "decent" and "power acoustic" shouldn't be used in the same sentence in this regard either.

I'd return the thing...unless of course you have some need it is fulfilling.