Sign in to follow this  
tripleb45

What's the difference?

While working on my build yesterday a question came up that I couldn't answer. The question was "what's the visible difference between the DC subwoofer levels? I had no answer because I didn't know. Does anyone know the visible difference in these subs? Also how do you know what version of the coils the subs have visibly? To clarify this is not a question of handling power or sound, but simply put visible differences. Thanks guys.

why?

If you are looking for answers, get a multimeter out or contact DC.

To answer your question because I wanted to know and I was asked this question and found it to be a good question. We all could contact dealers when they are open but when they are closed that's what experts on here are for, right? Also how does a multimeter tell you what level subs you have,

Edited by tripleb45

DC isn't the easiest to spot differences for.

lvl 2 - double stack mag 2.5" coil

lvl 3 - triple stack 3" coil

lvl 4 - triple stack slightly larger diameter mag 3" coil

lvl 5 - triple stack even larger diameter mag 3.5" coil 8" spiderpack (Older m1 variant had 3" I believe)

lvl 6 - another triple stack 4" coil 9" spiderpack

xl - confusion from making a good sub from the rest? eh, another triple stack mag 3" coil 8" spiderpack

It's like this company was confused in heading a certain direction with subs so they made all of their experiments line choices. Oh, not to mention they let you mix/match parts to make your own subs as well. Then they have had m1 and m2 variants as well. Also the dustcaps either look good or hideous. I need a Jackie Chan confusion meme for this one...

memes-graciosos-de-jackie-chan-8.jpg