Foobard

Need something louder

My sister wants something louder in her car. Right now she has two JL 10w1v2's in the JL ported box with about 500 watts going to the pair. I don't really know much about SoundSplinter products but I was wondering if a 15" RL-p in a 3 ft^3 box @ ~ 30hz (already have) would be noticeably louder than what she has now. The RL-p would probably be run off a Nine.1 @ 1 ohm. She listens to mostly rap and R&B. The only other sub that has been in that car was a 15" RF P3 in the same ported box so if a RL-p would be louder than both of these setups it looks like that is what I will buy (I know they are backordered but it will probably be about a month before I buy them).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if there is anyone in the Kansas City area that has a RL-p and would be willing to let me listen to it, that would help a lot. I am kind of worried about buying a sub without listening to it. This will be my sisters birthday present and I want to make sure she will be happy with it.

Id definetly get the 15" RL-p

The 15 is plenty nuff gor any girl off a nine.1

Id say its a bit much, unless she is a bass head

I love my 12RL-p I was a little worried my self. I will tell you it is the tightest sounding sub I have heard in a ported box. This thing sounds real clean. I am trying to figure out if I have room for a second 12.Not that I need it this thing can get loud and sounds so good doing it. I keep thinking about 2 10s (I have enough room for 2 RL-i)and put the 12 in the house for HT but every day I listen to the 12 I like it more and more. Just buy it she will be happy it should sound good in that box but if you wanted to you could build a new one and port it lower.

Don't be worried they have to be the best sub money can buy for this price you will not find anything better.

Thanks for the reassuring comments. I was going to go with a 15" Type R but wanted something that not everyone had, so it sounds like this is it. She just turned 16 and is in the phase where she wants to be better than everyone else, which is mostly Best Buy systems and audiobahn so I told her I would help her as long as she had an alarm put on the car which will probably be on by the end of the week.

I have always wanted to try the RL-p and finally get the chance to. Who knows, if I like how it sounds I might think about trying 2 12s in my next setup.

Foobard, welcome to SSA.

The RL-p is an excellent driver, and very good for the money.

Thanks for the welcome.

One more quick question. I know that the bigger you make a ported box the less power you need to give to the sub. Would the 15" RL-p be able to handle the Nine.1 (1200 watts at 12V) at one ohm in a box that is 3ft^3 @ 30hz? I will set the gains with an O-Scope. The amp is not set in stone, its just not being used right now, and I could always build a new box (which is one of my favorite hobbies). I really dont want to risk blowing the sub and have no experience with it so if there is a chance the amp will be to much I will either be easy on the gains or buy a more suitable amp.

You really really really have to try to blow a RL-p

that 3" coil might get brown and stinky but it till take a whoopin

Thanks for the welcome.

One more quick question.  I know that the bigger you make a ported box the less power you need to give to the sub.  Would the 15" RL-p be able to handle the Nine.1 (1200 watts at 12V) at one ohm in a box that is 3ft^3 @ 30hz?  I will set the gains with an O-Scope.  The amp is not set in stone, its just not being used right now, and I could always build a new box (which is one of my favorite hobbies).  I really dont want to risk blowing the sub and have no experience with it so if there is a chance the amp will be to much I will either be easy on the gains or buy a more suitable amp.

that sub will love that amp while in that box. and will beat the hell outa any car you put that combo in..lol..

that is going to be one sick setup!!

btw, i'm running my rl-p 12 in 2.5ft^3 tuned to 28hz off an orion 2500d @ 4ohm...roughly 1200wrms..and it's jsut stellar!!

welcome to ssa and hopefully to the soundsplinter family!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Wow, with all the good things I am hearing about this sub it is almost making me sad that it will be going into my sisters car. But maybe after all her friends hear how great it sounds I could make some money on the side doing installs for them :)

And this gives me a way to test it and see if it will work for my setup as well. My setup will be much more of an SQ setup than hers though, but I cant wait to find out!

we want pix

Sorry, just re-read my last post and it kind of sounds like I already have the sub but I wont even order it for another week or two.

I should have said that when the install is done, post up some pix.

pics or ban is the rule of thumb....lol

I will even get a picture with my dog by the sub when I get it.

:wacky:

Rule #2 You have to have a pic with the dog.

:stfu: