stevemead08

terminals acting sketchy.

I dont know if this helps but at least one particular DSS sub i have, one of the terminals was reading 6.3ohms when it should have been reading 1.6ohms.

I pressed and released the spring terminals several times, now it's back down to 1.7ohms.. 

I then hooked an HD8000 to one terminal(the one in question) and the output power was pretty low because the terminal was still varying resistance like crazy... 

While playing a tone, i would flick the terminal(it's the + polarity) and the amp would completely loose contact with the sub.

I would flick again and it would get it back.. 

So, in my situation, there is something wrong with the terminal.
Quentin has already offered to send new terminals.

I primarily just wanted to find cause of issue..  Apparently there is something wrong with this terminal so i will be taking him up on his offer as well.

Also, there is something internally loose or touching something.  It's nothing major(that would cause failure) but i've seen this problem before with other drivers.

It's basically human error in building subs.  Can happen to anyone.  It's not audible once placed in a box so i'm not worried about it.

I can be blamed for my issue I'm sure, but I've seen now 4 people running subwoofer brand X, that had issues with the terminals reading weird. I'm just trying to fix the issue.

Your not to blame, it is just understanding what you are measuring.

This is why there is a lot of confusion on what is going on when test equipment is involved.  Even something as simple as a DMM can get you started down the wrong path if you don't know what you are doing.

The terminals could also very well be faulty, but the fluctuations you were reading (especially the ones without the terminals) was being caused by the woofer.

I'm sure you checked batteries already, but I don't think we're all alone in calling it impedance instead of resistance most times.

The video should be deleted.  Horribly misleading.  The guy doesn't really have a clue on what he is doing, either...

But but, it's Sonic.. it has got to be the truth! lol